Was You Ever A Skinhead/Punk/Mod/Ted etc. After Leaving CH?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Was You Ever A Skinhead/Punk/Mod/Ted etc. After Leaving CH?

Post by Spoonbill »

We was a pretty ordinary bunch of kids, wot with bein' at a charity school an' all. Lots of us was from Sarf London and similar sh*tty places and all in all we was pretty credible geezers - so surely some of us must've evolved into mindless skin'eads, glue-eatin' punks, well-poofty mods and embarrassingly greasy teddyboys. Hands up, then: was you one of the Elite? Was you in a punk band? Did you get into rucks? Was you ever filled in by bootboys? Etc., etc.

Come on, spit it out and don't be shy now.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

If you are referring to the mid sixties, (Mods & Rockers etc), then I was a member of 'Plod', so they were all 'open-house'

No P.A.C.E. in those good old days !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Bingo the Poop-Eating Dog
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Bingo the Poop-Eating Dog »

I dimly recall a bloke called Mel Batt (Mid B in the 1970s) who I heard (long after the event) had become a Mod during the Mod Revival of the early 1980s. Apparently the poor fellow got the crap beaten out of him really seriously by skinheads on one occasion - hospitalised with serious facial damage etc. by all accounts. What a terrible price to pay for just wanting to ride a scooter whilst wearing a parka. The world is an evil place.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

I was Mel's 'nursemaid' in Barnes A. Don't think I was much use, though.

After a few days, I seem to remember thinking that the big ugly b*gger was quite capable of looking after himself.

Sorry to hear that he was seriously knocked about. Lots of tribes in those days.....

(Apologies for the asterisk, by the way - the swear-checker not only removed the heinously shameful, shocking and child-frightening profanity, but also the word 'ugly'. How thoughtful of it!).
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Richard Ruck wrote:I was Mel's 'nursemaid' in Barnes A. Don't think I was much use, though.

After a few days, I seem to remember thinking that the big ugly b*gger was quite capable of looking after himself.

Sorry to hear that he was seriously knocked about. Lots of tribes in those days.....

(Apologies for the asterisk, by the way - the swear-checker not only removed the heinously shameful, shocking and child-frightening profanity, but also the word 'ugly'. How thoughtful of it!).
Perhaps you should have typed 'bug ugly bigger'

I think we would have got the idea, Richard !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

What, adopt a sort of New Zealand accent?

Well, bigger me! I should have thought of that!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?