Saturday Nights

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Andy Friend
3rd Former

Saturday Nights

Post by Andy Friend »

How does everyone remember (or not) Saturday nights throughout their time at CH?
kaaa
3rd Former

Post by kaaa »

tedium in the extreme

everyone was out getting totally rat-arsed/hammered in the various bushes around the grounds
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

I missed an entire Saturday night once due to litres of cider Saturday afternoon in Horsham park...
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

ben ashton wrote:I missed an entire Saturday night once due to litres of cider Saturday afternoon in Horsham park...
It's nice to hear that the old traditions are being maintained.

We never used the park, though. FAR too obvious when we had to wear full uniform.......

Down by the river at the bottom of Denne Hill was always a good place.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

It was really obvious! but 3 litre bottle are heavy/hard to hide. Just easier not bothering to cart them back to school. Do you mean the river that goes under the railway bridge by a church? Sounds familiar..

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

ben ashton wrote:It was really obvious! but 3 litre bottle are heavy/hard to hide. Just easier not bothering to cart them back to school. Do you mean the river that goes under the railway bridge by a church? Sounds familiar..
Yes, I'm sure it was obvious that you were drinking - what I meant was that you wouldn't have stood out as a C.H. pupils, as I presume you weren't wearing uniform. We WERE wearing uniform, so could be spotted from miles away.

The river is the Arun - always a good place to while away an afternoon.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Well I was (usually) a good boy on Saturday nights as my parents were teachers... I was a bit of a goody goody when it came to alochol unlike my sister who once threw up over Mrs Caincross....
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

ben ashton wrote:I missed an entire Saturday night once due to litres of cider Saturday afternoon in Horsham park...
sorry, that was kinda my fault. you enjoyed yourself though, until you half drowned a poor unsuspecting sapling in vomit. you tit. use the bush like everyone else.

i believe this was the 'nine point two' day, am i right ben? also orchestrated by moi....
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

it was indeed. can remember every minute of it...up to walking out of roll call to be sick. Chapel the next morning was painful

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

In my early years we used to have a subuteo league that we played on saturday nights. Every few weeks we would have films in Big School as a bit of variety.

During the summer terms, when the evenings were light, I remember plenty of informal football or cricket.

In Mid A, my senior house, Ron "Nog" Lorimer, the housemaster, would sometimes invite a few of us to his study to watch Match Of The Day on the telly and if we were lucky he would allow us a drink of beer!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Mid A 15 wrote:In my early years we used to have a subuteo league that we played on saturday nights. Every few weeks we would have films in Big School as a bit of variety.

During the summer terms, when the evenings were light, I remember plenty of informal football or cricket.

In Mid A, my senior house, Ron "Nog" Lorimer, the housemaster, would sometimes invite a few of us to his study to watch Match Of The Day on the telly and if we were lucky he would allow us a drink of beer!
lol - how times change! :lol: Didn't have any of that kind of stuff when I was there (that I know of anyway!) All I remember is that not long after the girls started at Horsham they brought in an 8pm roll call in the girls houses (not sure if that also applied in the boys houses) - after that it was onto the club :lol: ....... or elsewhere :wink: