Impressions of Old Blues Day - have your say

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Well, I can see the logic here, in that it cuts down on the administration, but I still feel that if Old Blues Day is to continue to be considered an important event then it should take place, like every other important event, on an annual basis.

I can't imagine anyone suggesting that Speech Day, St. Matthew's Day etc. only take place every 2 or 3 years. Although these events are rightly seen as being of great historical significance to Christ's Hospital, Old Blues Day should also be seen as linking the past, present and future of C.H.

For example, in business (music, in my case), it seems to be standard practice to hold important conferences / festivals annually. We all make sure that we attend these, where appropriate, so I don't see that it should be an unbearable burden for more of us to make a similar effort to attend Old Blues Day once a year (assuming, of course, that enough people have the motivation to become and to remain involved).

However, from an administrative point of view the School may see things differently, so they will have to make the final call on this.

If the ideas and suggestions keep coming, I'm sure a sensible solution can be reached.

It'll be interesting to hear of any progress made by the C.H.A. on this.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I would prefer it to be an annual event...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Great plum was shocked at how few OBs there were.

Surprised? Why oh why didn't they give us some decdent notice. From correspondence it seems that I was lucky that I even heard about it (and that only because of the coming into being of the new body because previously OBs day was for club members)

Julian has heard that it might be a bi-annual event. The powers that be don't seem to have heard that; they will be circulating dates next year, apparently.

It does seem that they at least did try to lay on more than when I was at Housie when things were limited to big explosions from the science bloch, a cricket match and the ability to poke intop various places where noses shouldn't be. If they can get the organisation right ....... - that is where experience comes in, but, being in Britain, those with the experience from last year will be replaced by those with even less

s.i.n
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I had no idea it only used to be open to Club members!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

I think the Old Blues Day info went to everyone who was receiving 'Housey', not just club members. I think my club membership lapsed in the early '80s, so that wasn't the reason I got the information.

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong here....
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?