CH badges

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

The last of the 617 Sq and Army presentees badges were presented to the last presentees. (IIRC from a conversation with the then Clerk and because I had been an RN presentee) I think the school stopped offering places to the children of service personnel in quite the same way (i.e. they all became competitive places).

I could be wrong.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Deb GP wrote:The last of the 617 Sq and Army presentees badges were presented to the last presentees. (IIRC from a conversation with the then Clerk and because I had been an RN presentee) I think the school stopped offering places to the children of service personnel in quite the same way (i.e. they all became competitive places).

I could be wrong.
Was this because of the present view on Political Correctness bollox, or was there a logical reason.

One of my mates in Col B was a 617 Presentee. For those of you not so long in the tooth as myself, 617 Squadron was the Dam-Buster Squadron and obviously had strong links with Sir Barnes Wallis.

(I believe 617 now fly Tornado's ?)
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

englishangel wrote:The only pesentees badges I remember from hertford were 617 squadron ones, can anyone remember any different?
you're right - and I remember being totally disgusted because I was also a Barnes Wallis presentee, but NOT from 617 Squadron, so didnt get a badge... but at least the lovely man gave me an education!
B.