CHA CAROL CONCERT - over 200 tickets sold so far....

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Good luck everybody - I hope it goes well; I am sure it will! I enjoyed the school do in chapel last Thursday, enormously. Housey singing seems to be in great shape.

Have a great evening
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

At 9pm on Thursday, up in coldest and darkest Yorkshire (that was a long drive, RR) I logged in for the second time that day and found an email from Friends Reunited inviting me to a special Old Blue Reunion - three hours earlier.

It turned out to be the Carol Service and AFAIR the email was sent by one Ben Dover which makes this appear more appropriate to the Richard Ruck's "Oh dear, am I being chastised?" thread

More seriously, there are words for people like that a) claiming ownership of a long established event and b) inviting people so late.
In the hope that current pupils are viewing I will not use olde englishe four letter words.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I got that as well, at about 5pm. Fat lot of good that was.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

My e-mail arrived on Thursday morning. It was a good idea to use Friends Reunited to let as many people as possible know about the event, but the timing will need to be tweaked a bit.

Still, a lesson there for next time........
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I thought that was a good idea - if I'd known about it as a facility earlier I'd have certainly used it myself and earlier.

Good-on John for doing it....

Personally I thoroughly enjoyed the Carol Concert, and a big THANK YOU should go out to Sara, Wendy, Kerren, Adrian, John and everyone else involved in the organisation of it.

I felt it was a great balance between some good/fun music, a relaxed informal atmosphere, and some good drinking to be done afterwards.

I agree Jamie's wasn't cheap - we certainly need to consider a way of making these things cheaper, especially for younger Old Blues.....something to be considered next year.
I did like the atmosphere at Jamie's though, and it was nice to have a set-aside area for Old Blues.

I met up with people I didn't expect to, and enjoyed catching up.
(John, Matt and Jasper - give me a shout with your contact details if you read this, would be good to keep in touch.)

The choir was relaxed and informal - you never know before-hand what it's going to be like, as it can all get rather formal and uptight with scratch choirs - Adrian was fun to work with, and I hope we made a reasonable sound for a half-hour rehearsal!

Roll-on next year......

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.