Subcontracting to India?

Advertise your business here (this forum takes no responsibility for the quality of the businesses, and does not endorse or recommend - you use these businesses as you would any other)

Moderator: Moderators

JB
2nd Former

India - offering assistance

Post by JB »

I import a large volume of product from India and will be visiting the country in November - Mumbai, Bangalore, Nagpur, Indore, plus some smaller towns. If anyone would like any assistance with doing business / making contact / conducting audits (I will be carrying out ethical and environmental audits on my suppliers) taking pictures etc. please contact me on 01536 274406
macjules
2nd Former

Re: Subcontracting to India?

Post by macjules »

I do some developer work for a quality publishing house in London, who handprint limited book editions. We have had occasion to use Indian subcontractors for some laborious PHP work and I was not really impressed with the result. I do not wish to cast aspersions upon all Indian contractors since I am quite sure there are a number of very good diligent contractors out there, but unfortunately I have yet to find them.

All I can say is make absolutely sure that you use something like www.proveit.com to assess their ability before engaging them - it really does work!