Anyone fancy a new dream lifestyle in France ?

Advertise your business here (this forum takes no responsibility for the quality of the businesses, and does not endorse or recommend - you use these businesses as you would any other)

Moderator: Moderators

JamesF35
LE (Little Erasmus)

Anyone fancy a new dream lifestyle in France ?

Post by JamesF35 »

Having been offered a really good job back in London we've decided to sell up in France and move back home (yes, yes, yes I know - everyone else thinks we're completely mad too, and we probably are!).

So . . .

If anyone like the idea of moving to France and buying into a home and lifestyle with a ready made decent income the you can find full details at:
http://www.gitesinbrittany.eu

. . . even better, 50,000€ off the asking price to any OB buyers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
James Bishop LHA / MidA 72-78
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

How lovely - now, if I can only win the Loto....

and don't worry, I moved back to the UK in March after 35 years, everyone thought I was mad too .... but it´s not so bad once you get used to the rain and having Nanny constantly around.

Enjoy ! just remember to bring a truckload of wine back with you :D
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

I can understand where you are coming from - jobs in rural France are not well paid and can be difficult to find so going back to London is one solution.

That said, the lifestyle in France, the community support and everything else (including the relatively low cost of running a house) make France attractive - which cannot be said for (IMHO) rip-off Britain. things are changing for the worse all the time and in order to protect senior government ministers, TD has apparently decreed that if you threaten to sue one of them (let alone attack one of them - which presumably means opposing one of them in an election) you can be incarcerated indefinitely under mental health laws.

Best of luck - but keep your French pad so you can get medical treatment when and if you need it.

David
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
JamesF35
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by JamesF35 »

Don't worry, we're planning on keeping our apartment in Dinard which, as we'll be living quite close to Stansted Airport, is bound to be well used (I'll have to use up my seven weeks holiday somehow !)

Income isn't a problem over here in France as our holiday business earns quite a good living (hopefully that will be one of the main incentives to a prospective buyer - details of income/expenditure can be found on the web link I gave). The problem is I actually find it a bit too easy and I'm not ready to retire yet !

I'm taking up the position of Bursar at a very successful Prep Day School which will provide a bit more exercise for the old grey matter. As for healthcare, I get full BUPA cover as part of the package so no worries there.