Holidays in France

Advertise your business here (this forum takes no responsibility for the quality of the businesses, and does not endorse or recommend - you use these businesses as you would any other)

Moderator: Moderators

JamesF35
LE (Little Erasmus)

Holidays in France

Post by JamesF35 »

"LE ROCHER ESLIER" - NEAR COMBOURG & DOL DE BRETAGNE
Three quality properties, with heated swimming pool, in a superb location available for holiday rentals.

Farmhouse - sleeps up to 14 (in 6 bedrooms)
Flintstones - sleeps up to 6 (in 3 bedrooms)
Pebbles - sleeps up to 4 (in 2 bedrooms)

Le Rocher Eslier is a small hamlet just 1km from the village of Bonnemain, close to Combourg and Dol (5mins). The coast is just 15 minutes away and the famous historic towns of St. Malo (25mins) and Dinan (15mins) are also nearby. There are three properties, all equipped to a high standard, with shared use of the magnificent 11m x 5m heated swimming pool. A children’s play area and lots of open space make
this an ideal location for a family holiday.

For further details contact James Bishop. Tel: 07963 365833
E-mail: gites@bonnemain.com Website: http://www.bonnemain.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
James Bishop LHA / MidA 72-78
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

To follow James' offer, I'm letting a 150 - 200 year old farmhouse (renovated!) with room for 6 in the south west of France close to Carcassonne, the Pyrenees, Cathar castles, the beautiful 11th cent. town of Mirepoix etc. all set in nearly 50 acres of woodland and pasture.

If you are lucky you could see deer and there are plenty of birds of prey, butterflies, wild flowers including orchids (April, May only); we even have wild boar on the farm but they are seldom seen.

Fuller details on

http://www.dbrown.demon.co.uk

(If you contact me include the fact that you are an OB)
Last edited by sejintenej on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

sejintenej wrote:To follow James' offer, I'm letting a 150 - 200 year old farmhouse (renovated!) with room for 6 in the south west of France close to Carcassonne, the Pyrenees, Cathar castles, the beautiful 11th cent. town of Mirepoix etc. all set in nearly 50 acres of woodland and pasture.
What a lovely part of the world! I spent a great year as an English language assistant in Pamiers, so I know the area fairly well.

Apart from teaching, I played for the town's rugby club (not like playing in school matches!) and developed a love of Ricard which remains with me to this day. l`heure de l`apero is a concept close to my heart.

Another Old Blue was a language assistant in Lavelanet at the same time, and we both got to know the assistant in Mirepoix very well.

I haven't been back to the area for over 20 years, so if we can round up a few like-minded friends we may well be in touch with you.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Richard Ruck wrote:
sejintenej wrote:To follow James' offer, I'm letting a 150 - 200 year old farmhouse (renovated!) with room for 6 in the south west of France close to Carcassonne, the Pyrenees, Cathar castles, the beautiful 11th cent. town of Mirepoix etc. all set in nearly 50 acres of woodland and pasture.
What a lovely part of the world! I spent a great year as an English language assistant in Pamiers, so I know the area fairly well.

Apart from teaching, I played for the town's rugby club (not like playing in school matches!) and developed a love of Ricard which remains with me to this day. l`heure de l`apero is a concept close to my heart.

Another Old Blue was a language assistant in Lavelanet at the same time, and we both got to know the assistant in Mirepoix very well.

I haven't been back to the area for over 20 years, so if we can round up a few like-minded friends we may well be in touch with you.
Hi. Richard
Don't normally get in to the forum from here (but I check for messages). L'apero is an excuse for any time of the morning or afternoon or night now! as for ricard - of course we have it in the house!

Unfortunately (?) there are now a lot of Brits round here thanks to Leary (as in Ryanair) plus a fair sprinkling of Irish. haven't yet come cross any old Blues despite being here nearly 7 years

A bit of a swap - there's a famous goalkeeper from Lavalanet playing in the UK at the moment - so famous a rugby follower cannot remember his name and nor can SWMBO(a local Portuguese friend used to play football with him at school and doesn't rate him!)
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
JamesF35
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by JamesF35 »

Just in case anyone is interested . . .

There is a four page feature in Living France magazine this month (starts p38) about our place in France. I'm sorry to say there is also a photo of me!