Summer and Easter Job needed - Museum [ASAP]

Looking for a job? Want a work experience placement?
Find jobs advertised by Old Blues.
Post a "JOB WANTED" advert.
Advertise your jobs to other Old Blues.
Please delete your ads once expired - all post will be removed after 60 days....

Moderator: Moderators

Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Summer and Easter Job needed - Museum [ASAP]

Post by Laura M »

I don't suppose anyone could help me to get a job in a London Museum this easter and summer? I miss working at the CH museum loads and would quite like to be back in a museum atmosphere again. Front of House work would be great but I'd do almost anything.
Two men lying in a bed, one rolled over to the other and said, 'I'm gonna lead me a life of danger, I'm gonna marry a WESSEX RANGER!'
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Have a friend who works at the British Library - have emailed her, will let you know if I get a response and there's anything suitable.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

If you're in the URNU - don't they do jollies during the holidays? When I was at Southampton, BRNC were always running courses like Submarine Acquaint, Math's Course for Engineers (hard work), Strategic Studies, Language Course (such a doss!) etc.

As for Museums et al. Sorry - don't know. The "royal.gov.uk" website has vacation jobs up at the moment though if that's helpful.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

(BaA 88-95; Foundation Staff 99-02)
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

Wow thanks guys,
Yes the URNU do do jollies, in the hols and yes they are paid (someone has to do it) but I need something a little more steady and lets face it my summer holidays are very long!!!!
Will look on the website and JT thanks for the help!
Two men lying in a bed, one rolled over to the other and said, 'I'm gonna lead me a life of danger, I'm gonna marry a WESSEX RANGER!'
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Just got a reply this morning - unfortunately they've canned all their Easter and Summer student position due to financial constraints.

Sorry!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

Never mind, thanks for trying though
Damn financial constraints, what about my financial constraints!!!! :?
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

The only museum of note in this neck of the woods (other than the Tate at St Ives) is the National Maritime museum just across the water from here in Falmouth. Wonderful situation and a great place to work - my son Jonathan did his work experience there last summer and loved it! He took himself to work every morning by boat - great fun! I dont know how much they pay or whether they have vacancies - you could always ask, I suppose.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

DavebytheSea wrote:The only museum of note in this neck of the woods (other than the Tate at St Ives) is the National Maritime museum just across the water from here in Falmouth. Wonderful situation and a great place to work - my son Jonathan did his work experience there last summer and loved it! He took himself to work every morning by boat - great fun! I dont know how much they pay or whether they have vacancies - you could always ask, I suppose.
A friend of mine works there - I think they often have a number of voulnteers...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

Thanks for the suggestion chaps, but sadly although Falmouth is a lovely place, it is too far away for me to try to get a job there, the main problem I am having is getting offers from London based museums, if I wanted a place at the air museum in Duxford that wouldn't be a problem but sadly I need a place in london, anywhere really I'm not fussy.
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

That sounds good, any chance of giving me some details as to who I can get in touch with or write to?
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

Laura - were you in Cowes last weekend....... ?
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

Deb GP wrote:Laura - were you in Cowes last weekend....... ?
Err nope, haven't been in Cowes since before Easter, but the King of Sweden was!!!! I'm guessing you saw some P2000s
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

Yeah, I'm still looking for a job in the museum field if anyone can help me.
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04