Lord Mayors March Past 1945

Post any pictures of your time at CH, or pictures of people/places at CH now - what's changed over the past years? What's good/what's bad?

Moderator: Moderators

loumaulecole
2nd Former

Lord Mayors March Past 1945

Post by loumaulecole »

Lord Mayors March Past. London 1945

Last edited by loumaulecole on Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

Thank you, that is a very interesting picture. The bomb damage to those buildings really brings it home how much London went through. Presumably this was the first St Matthew's Day for several years??
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Wow.

How times change.

I wonder how many girls were there.

From another thread we commented on the Senior Grecian's speech re Christ's Hospital and Hertford. St Matthew's Day etc were similar. My Lower Sixth year (1970) was the first year that all the Sixth Form went to St Matthew's Day. Previous years it had only been Upper Sixth, or even Monitresses.

30 girls from a school of approximately 380 as against I don't know how many boys.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

englishangel wrote:Wow.

How times change.

From another thread we commented on the Senior Grecian's speech re Christ's Hospital and Hertford. St Matthew's Day etc were similar. My Lower Sixth year (1970) was the first year that all the Sixth Form went to St Matthew's Day. Previous years it had only been Upper Sixth, or even Monitresses.

30 girls from a school of approximately 380 as against I don't know how many boys.
Mary, how did you get to 380 at Hertford? 8 houses nominally 36 in each makes for 288, I would have thought the maximum at any time would have been 300. It is one of the reasons we will always find more male Old Blues than female in our life times. There ARE more of them!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Katharine wrote:
englishangel wrote:Wow.

How times change.

Mary, how did you get to 380 at Hertford? 8 houses nominally 36 in each makes for 288, I would have thought the maximum at any time would have been 300. It is one of the reasons we will always find more male Old Blues than female in our life times. There ARE more of them!
oops :oops:
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"