CH in Snow - Jan 2007...

Post any pictures of your time at CH, or pictures of people/places at CH now - what's changed over the past years? What's good/what's bad?

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I remember one occassion having enough snow that we were able to crouch down behind cars, grabing hold of the backs of their bumpers and letting them drag us up the avenue! Of course the drivers didn't know you were there, and we had to hope no teachers caught us.

We really do get too little snow these days - and when we do, the south grinds to a halt!
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

jtaylor wrote:I remember one occassion having enough snow that we were able to crouch down behind cars, grabing hold of the backs of their bumpers and letting them drag us up the avenue! Of course the drivers didn't know you were there, and we had to hope no teachers caught us.

We really do get too little snow these days - and when we do, the south grinds to a halt!
Not sure about being dragged by cars - most masters used bicycles around the school so I don't remember it being done.

When there was a snow covering we couldn't use the rugby pitches so we had to do cross country runs, snow, slush and broken ice in the puddles and of course in narrow footpaths the snow would be brushed off the bushes at the sides. In Col A there were no working showers afterwards ........

BTW Gemma - that was in the 'good' old days - I doubt if they have anything so 'healthy' now.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I would down-load and enhance, but it seems people prefer their photo's as they took 'em !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mark1
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Mark1 »

J.R. wrote:I would down-load and enhance, but it seems people prefer their photo's as they took 'em !
Yes, sorry about the quality - its the only way I can get them through the school's upload/download file size restrictor! I could email you the original files if you would like to mess about with them!
Mark1
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Mark1 »

here are the same photos having been put through JR's barrage of enhancements...

much brighter!