CH Band at Twickenham - England vs Italy - Feb 10th 2007

Post any pictures of your time at CH, or pictures of people/places at CH now - what's changed over the past years? What's good/what's bad?

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

J.R. wrote:
Mrs C. wrote:Thank you Geoffrey!
Sounds like shades of "Rainbow", Janet !!

Incidently, and off-topic - Has any-one seen that very rude "Rainbow" clip that was doing the rounds on the web a couple of years ago ? Hilarious - I must see if I can find it again !
Right, Peeps !

I've found it !

The clip has been deleted from most sites, courtesy of BBC TV, but can still be found here:-

http://www.funny-videos.co.uk/videorainbowtwanger.html

This is the classic 'double entendre'. If you have a 'clean' mind, you'll enjoy a kiddies clip. If your mind is a little more lateral, you'll enjoy it even more. !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

Mrs C. wrote:
jtaylor wrote:There's also the cost of the tickets (100 seats if there'd been a sell-out) - ours were £65 each, around half-way line, West stand - excellent seats (as you can see from the photos) but still not cheap.
Guess it's a lot cheaper than football though...

If there are any rugby fans on here, I've got some nice lineout photos and Wilkinson's kicking...
Will Amy be the first to request??
Yes please, i got some myself when at the Scotland match on my new camera-the zoom was amazing it was like i was standing opposite him! granted the seats were good had i been up in the rafters i think i wouldnt have got so close on the zoom!

But yes please i would like the pics of Jonny :heart:
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
Geoff Hines
2nd Former

Post by Geoff Hines »

Very interesting to see pictures of the Band at Twickenham on the Forum.Particularly so since, I was a euphonium player in the Band from 1952 to 1959 and was Captain of the Band in my last year,and also I played at Twickenham for Oxford in the 1961 and 1962 Varsity Matches as well as for England against the Rest in the final England Trial in January 1962. The pictures brought back many fond memories of rugby football and music making.

We had a tradition in my house, Lamb B, for providing Euphonium players in the Band and I learned to play it at the age of 12 ,having been asked to by an older boy in the House,Roger Parker, to join the band. Later I played a number of games of rugby with him in the Old Blues 1st XV.