CH Band at Twickenham - England vs Italy - Feb 10th 2007

Post any pictures of your time at CH, or pictures of people/places at CH now - what's changed over the past years? What's good/what's bad?

Moderator: Moderators

John Knight
Deputy Grecian

Post by John Knight »

Mark1 wrote:well, I don't think so, because until a few days beforehand there was a small possibility that there wouldn't be any tickets spare for us,
OK, thanks Mark.... I have to agree with your thoughts on this one.

(Mark, I have a question for you, but rather than hijack this thread and take it OT, I will open another one later... it's to do with Broadie Buckles. (again).
John.
Prep B 49 / Barnes B 39 - 1946-1952
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I didn't realise those ads were painted on, I thought they were digitally added on TV.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

I hope all the players were also instructed to avoid the ads!!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

There's also the cost of the tickets (100 seats if there'd been a sell-out) - ours were £65 each, around half-way line, West stand - excellent seats (as you can see from the photos) but still not cheap.
Guess it's a lot cheaper than football though...

If there are any rugby fans on here, I've got some nice lineout photos and Wilkinson's kicking...
Last edited by jtaylor on Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

jtaylor wrote:There's also the cost of the tickets (100 seats if there'd been a sell-out) - ours were £65 each, around half-way line, West stand - excellent seats (as you can see from the photos) but still not cheap.
Guess it's a lot cheaper than football though...

If there are any rugby fans on here, I've got some nice lineout photos and Wilkinson's kicking...
Will Amy be the first to request??
Mark1
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Mark1 »

englishangel wrote:I didn't realise those ads were painted on, I thought they were digitally added on TV.
Nope, laboriously hand-painted on! In the case of Saturday, it was still being done at around 10:30 am that morning while we were doing our sound check - I guess the rain hadn't helped!

Mrs C's question was exactly the one we raised amongst ourselves - though I guess flat-bottomed shoes would smear and spread the paint in a way that studded boots might not be so terrible. Plus, with the band, at loads of people will follow through exactly the same tracks and marks, whereas the players movements will be slightly more haphazard. I can't imagine that scrums and malls help the paint job, though... :?
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Mark1 wrote:
englishangel wrote:I didn't realise those ads were painted on, I thought they were digitally added on TV.
Nope, laboriously hand-painted on! In the case of Saturday, it was still being done at around 10:30 am that morning while we were doing our sound check - I guess the rain hadn't helped!

Mrs C's question was exactly the one we raised amongst ourselves - though I guess flat-bottomed shoes would smear and spread the paint in a way that studded boots might not be so terrible. Plus, with the band, at loads of people will follow through exactly the same tracks and marks, whereas the players movements will be slightly more haphazard. I can't imagine that scrums and malls help the paint job, though... :?
Would that be in the sales then?
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

englishangel wrote:
Mark1 wrote:

Would that be in the sales then?
Do they have yachts in scrums, now ???
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
geoff_janes
2nd Former

Post by geoff_janes »

Well, actually, we had an LE on that trip to twickenham and two LE on the trip to Illustrious so it is very much possible to be young and get into the band for these events!
geoff_janes
2nd Former

Post by geoff_janes »

Also, just to add to that previous comment, we adopted the policy for both the Illustrious and Twickenham trips that the players that we took were the best in the band. To correct myself, we had Two LE players, one on French Horn and one on Euphonium, both are very good at their instruments so were chosen infront of those who may be older!!!
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Thank you Geoffrey!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mrs C. wrote:Thank you Geoffrey!
Sounds like shades of "Rainbow", Janet !!

Incidently, and off-topic - Has any-one seen that very rude "Rainbow" clip that was doing the rounds on the web a couple of years ago ? Hilarious - I must see if I can find it again !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Foureyes
Grecian

RAINBOW

Post by Foureyes »

Many thanks for that - just "Google" it. A very good clip - real "Blue Peter" stuff, but with a few more laughs - in fact, a lot more laughs!
:shock:
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

Mark1 wrote:We had to fit in front of the RBS painted advertisement, which under no circumstances could we tread on, smear paint from, or obsure.
but i cant imagine 30 rugby players being cautious of not smudging or standing on the advert!
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
AndrewH
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by AndrewH »

A couple of things found on You Tube:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZgNhBQPEpQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiQhnlq0-cg

Neither is that good!
Andrew Harrison
Maine A 1970-73