Drama Department Photo's

Post any pictures of your time at CH, or pictures of people/places at CH now - what's changed over the past years? What's good/what's bad?

Moderator: Moderators

Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Drama Department Photo's

Post by Deb GP »

Does anyone have any?

I never managed to get my act together and order copies of photos for the any of the plays I had a part in (even if it was only painting the set) or enjoyed.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

(BaA 88-95; Foundation Staff 99-02)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I don't but I had a drawer where I kept everything - i have started to go through it and I have nearly every programme from the theatre that I went to see....

Inlcuding a Barnes A house play with you in it Debbie - i remember a lot of falling set...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

Falling Set? Don't recall that! Perhaps I blotted it out. Don't actually remember that much about that play at all; not even the title - must have been something to do with fast approaching A-levels!

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I think it was somethnig to with a WI performing a play - it was Barnes A house play!
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

Eureka! Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Town's Women's Guild Amatuer Dramatic Assocation presenting... er.... something..... it had a fashion show in the middle. TBH - I remember the other Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Town's Women's Guild et c play with Havaar Ellingsen in much better. But falling set.... nope. A complete blank with me. Although I can remember the excitement of one of my colleagues being able to charge a packet of fags to house funds as a prop!

House Plays were fun. I always loved the Senior Boys' ones. Maine A always did a good show. Can't remember half of them now.

And the English Department under Mr West were always worth seeing. The Accidental Death of an Anarchist was very good IIRC.

And Guys and Dolls really fuelled a passion in me for the Theatre. That rocked. A true Duncan extravaganza. It's been a favourite show ever since.

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

You left the year before they did Orpheus in the Underworld - I think at one point there were 140 people on stage - Mr Jeffers on a motorbike....

Tue DNP madness! :lol:
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

140? That's nothing for a DNP production. c.f. Boris Godonov!

And motorbike? He had a live horse pooping in Big School in his first year at CH (IIRC).

As for programmes and things - I did bring myself to throw some away. I'll probably find that somebody who was on a programme from 1988 is world famous in ten years and the programme would have paid for a small house in Chepstow (or wherever).

I have kept the scripts that I stage managed. Although why I would want *another* copy of Romeo and Juliet with the only additions being directions like "Stand by FX 9" is beyond my husband. Our attic is groaning from the weight of such mementoes.

But photo's! There must be some!!

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I believe he also had a roller on stage once...
Cleopatra
2nd Former

Post by Cleopatra »

Deb GP wrote:But photo's! There must be some!!
Damn straight! First person to post a pic of me in gold bodypaint & a loincloth wins a banana.
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

Cleopatra wrote:First person to post a pic of me in gold bodypaint & a loincloth wins a banana.
Imagine the blushes of the poor person who had the task of applying said paint... especially in some of the more "ticklish" areas...
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Cleopatra wrote:
Deb GP wrote:But photo's! There must be some!!
Damn straight! First person to post a pic of me in gold bodypaint & a loincloth wins a banana.

AAAH, strange memory flooding back to me now...
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

Jenny L-C wrote:I remember that! it was so funny! some fella was supposed to be hammering a no smoking sign on to one of the wings and the whole thing nearly fell on him!
Yeah that was my first House play, it was terrible, it was meant to have all these funny mistakes in it but they were so lame, the set falling down wasn't one of them however, I was sitting in the gallery at the time and rember nearly falling out of it when lunging to grab the flap thingy, it was quite funny really, the guy who made it fall down and the old theatre tech manager thought they had secured it but I was still holding onto it, I had to drop something on one of them to get their attention!!
Two men lying in a bed, one rolled over to the other and said, 'I'm gonna lead me a life of danger, I'm gonna marry a WESSEX RANGER!'
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

? There must be wires crossed here somewhere... I left in 95 - and if Laura started in 97 then the falling set play must have been a different house play....

But still no photos - and from what I've heard about gold body paint - it's probably a good thing!!!

Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

Chepstow, why the hell would you want to live there?

anyone remember Andorra, starring Matt Burman? one heck of a play.
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

It was the first inane place that came into my head (and I think was probably residual from reading something by Rick Stein)

Ah - the German Dept plays. They were interesting and always had excellent leading men (from an acting point of view). I can't remember their names now - but Woyzeck and the Fireraisers stick out in my mind as having had good leads.