POSTCARDS FROM THE 70'S 1

Post any pictures of your time at CH, or pictures of people/places at CH now - what's changed over the past years? What's good/what's bad?

Moderator: Moderators

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Re: POSTCARDS FROM THE 70'S 1

Post by Great Plum »

J.R. wrote:JDS must have been after my time.
Yes, started in 1966 (same year as Dad started as a squit) and retired in 2004...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
JMH
2nd Former

Post by JMH »

Mid A 15 wrote:
dsmg wrote:The drum major looks like Luxmoore to me, Nick I think was his first name, had an elder brother too.
On looking again you could be right. There certainly was a Luxmoore in Mid A in my final year and he was tall compared to most as was Vernago(?spelling) although I recall Vergnago as big in build as well as tall hence my doubts now you mention Luxmoore.

The fair haired drummer to the drum major's right looks like it could be Bob Pilbeam and he left a year after me I think in '73 which would also lend credence to it being Luxmoore.

The old eyes are not what they once were when it comes to looking at smallish photos :(
Hi, I'm a squit with regards the Forum so I don't know if I'm doing this correctly but here goes....The fair haired drummer to the drum major's right is indeed Bob. I was the drummer behind him in my first year in the Full Band.
Thepuss
2nd Former

Post by Thepuss »

Mid A 15 wrote:
dsmg wrote:The drum major looks like Luxmoore to me, Nick I think was his first name, had an elder brother too.
On looking again you could be right. There certainly was a Luxmoore in Mid A in my final year and he was tall compared to most as was Vernago(?spelling) although I recall Vergnago as big in build as well as tall hence my doubts now you mention Luxmoore.

The fair haired drummer to the drum major's right looks like it could be Bob Pilbeam and he left a year after me I think in '73 which would also lend credence to it being Luxmoore.

The old eyes are not what they once were when it comes to looking at smallish photos :(

I think there were 3 Luxmoore brothers, and all would probably have been MidA. MidA generally (although not exclusively) supplied the Drum majors for the band. The youngest was Ben, this pic looks like the brother above him, who was Paul, I recall.

The Praying Geog teacher in the picture is indeed Ron Lorimer... he only had one outfit of clothes... M&S "old man" checked shirts (made at the factory my step-father managed), a greeny tweed jacket with obligatory eblow patches, brown leather shoes and a sort of cavalry office twill coloured trousers.... and his head was on upside down... as I could occasionally point out when he'd come back from the pub (what was that place called?) slightly worse for wear....

The puss
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Thepuss wrote:
Mid A 15 wrote:

I think there were 3 Luxmoore brothers, and all would probably have been MidA. MidA generally (although not exclusively) supplied the Drum majors for the band. The youngest was Ben, this pic looks like the brother above him, who was Paul, I recall.

The Praying Geog teacher in the picture is indeed Ron Lorimer... he only had one outfit of clothes... M&S "old man" checked shirts (made at the factory my step-father managed), a greeny tweed jacket with obligatory eblow patches, brown leather shoes and a sort of cavalry office twill coloured trousers.... and his head was on upside down... as I could occasionally point out when he'd come back from the pub (what was that place called?) slightly worse for wear....

The puss
The Bax Castle was Ron's regular watering hole (other than the Common Room) during my time...
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Thepuss
2nd Former

Post by Thepuss »

Mid A 15 wrote: The Bax Castle was Ron's regular watering hole (other than the Common Room) during my time...
That was it! I believe he was done for drink-driving a couple of years after I left (it probably would have been between 85-90?)... which really quite shocked me!

Thepuss
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I believe he also popped into The Boars Head from time to time !!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.