How to post pictures (a guide from "harsha")

Post any pictures of your time at CH, or pictures of people/places at CH now - what's changed over the past years? What's good/what's bad?

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: How to post pictures (a guide from "harsha")

Post by jtaylor »

It's technically possible - but the storage space which it then takes up can grow very quickly, costs then go up for hosting
etc etc.

So possible - but no really cost effective.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Foureyes
Grecian

Post by Foureyes »

Richard Ruck says:
"....OK, I've followed this to the letter, but if I try to post anything it seems to appear minus the right hand third or so of the image."
That's curious because I have the same problem, but in reverse, so that when I download an incoming e-mail with attachemnts to Windows Live Mail I always lose the right-hand half of the pic. I have learnt to overcome this by copying pics straight from BT Yahoo to the Pictures folder, but that should not really be necessary. I have asked BT Help (so-called!!!) several times about this, but they don't seem particularly interested and certainly haven't cured it.

Any thoughts, anyone?
David
MikeT
2nd Former

Post by MikeT »

OK, I have followed the instructions as far as the fourth line (copy the link underneath the photo the link should look like Image ) but there is no link underneath my photo to copy!

Is there another way to attach a photo?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

MikeT wrote:OK, I have followed the instructions as far as the fourth line (copy the link underneath the photo the link should look like Image ) but there is no link underneath my photo to copy!

Is there another way to attach a photo?
I have problems sometimes and send the photo to Julian T who will insert for you.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Yep, send to me and I'll send you a link to insert your picture... admin@chforum.info
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.