Bob Sillett's horror/ghost stories....

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14818
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey

Post by J.R. » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:34 pm

I think you'll find that Wormwood is a character from 'Harry Potter', Worzel !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

wurzel
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:59 pm
Real Name: Ian
Location: Reading

Post by wurzel » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:54 pm

well I knew what I meant but cricket was never of any interest to me - waste of a perfectly good summers afternoon.

In fact i remember a non cupties match against Peele (I think) where we were all threatened will various dire consequences as it was obvious we had agreed they were going to win beforehand and were doing our best to be all out for 0.

Why did they ever try and arrange a sporting fixture specifically aimed at those not good at the sport that was on a wed afternoon in the summer and could take hours.

User avatar
cj
Button Grecian
Posts: 1738
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:35 pm
Real Name: Catherine Standing
Location: Devon

Post by cj » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:23 pm

J.R. wrote:I think you'll find that Wormwood is a character from 'Harry Potter', Worzel !
Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14818
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey

Post by J.R. » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:27 pm

cj wrote:
J.R. wrote:I think you'll find that Wormwood is a character from 'Harry Potter', Worzel !
Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs
.... I stand corrected.

I see on BBC Ceefax last night that the critics have slated the new Harry Potter Film.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
cj
Button Grecian
Posts: 1738
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:35 pm
Real Name: Catherine Standing
Location: Devon

Post by cj » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:35 pm

J.R. wrote:
cj wrote:
J.R. wrote:I think you'll find that Wormwood is a character from 'Harry Potter', Worzel !
Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs
.... I stand corrected.

I see on BBC Ceefax last night that the critics have slated the new Harry Potter Film.
Tosh and bibble, my Lord. What do critics know anyway? Pah, I say. I'm looking forward to it and the new book which we pre-ordered 17 years ago from Amazon and will reach us just in time for our sojourn in Kent (provided P. Pat doesn't strike again) in August. I have conceded to daughter no. 1 that she may have first dibs if she is quick and does nothing else until she's finished.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.

User avatar
jtaylor
Forum Administrator
Posts: 1648
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:32 am
Real Name: Julian Taylor-Gadd
Location: Wantage, OXON
Contact:

Post by jtaylor » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:39 am

I'm one of the many who will be eagerly waiting for the ring of the door-bell on the Saturday morning, and will have read it by the time I go to sleep that night.....

I'd heard that the Post Office has lost the contract from Amazon to deliver it, due to the narrow-minded-stupid-union-drive strike action??

J
Ps Anyone guess I don't have much time for unions who's aim is to bleed companies dry, and ultimately do their members out of a job by demanding unrealistic inflation-busting pay rise?
PPS Sorry - a few too many Southern Comfort and it all comes flowing out!
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Image
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
http://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.

User avatar
Mid A 15
Button Grecian
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 1:38 pm
Real Name: Claude Rains
Location: The Patio Of England (Kent)

Post by Mid A 15 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:32 pm

jtaylor wrote:I'm one of the many who will be eagerly waiting for the ring of the door-bell on the Saturday morning, and will have read it by the time I go to sleep that night.....

I'd heard that the Post Office has lost the contract from Amazon to deliver it, due to the narrow-minded-stupid-union-drive strike action??

J
Ps Anyone guess I don't have much time for unions who's aim is to bleed companies dry, and ultimately do their members out of a job by demanding unrealistic inflation-busting pay rise?
PPS Sorry - a few too many Southern Comfort and it all comes flowing out!
What a shame John Edmunds ( OB former leader of the GMB ) doesn't appear to visit the forum! :wink:

He may have an alternative viewpoint!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14818
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey

Post by J.R. » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Mid A 15 wrote:
jtaylor wrote:I'm one of the many who will be eagerly waiting for the ring of the door-bell on the Saturday morning, and will have read it by the time I go to sleep that night.....

I'd heard that the Post Office has lost the contract from Amazon to deliver it, due to the narrow-minded-stupid-union-drive strike action??

J
Ps Anyone guess I don't have much time for unions who's aim is to bleed companies dry, and ultimately do their members out of a job by demanding unrealistic inflation-busting pay rise?
PPS Sorry - a few too many Southern Comfort and it all comes flowing out!
What a shame John Edmunds ( OB former leader of the GMB ) doesn't appear to visit the forum! :wink:

He may have an alternative viewpoint!
And I just happen to be a life member of UNISON !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian
Posts: 2880
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:55 am
Real Name: Angela Marsh
Location: Exiled Londoner, now in Staffordshire.

Post by Angela Woodford » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:13 pm

wurzel wrote:well I knew what I meant but cricket was never of any interest to me - waste of a perfectly good summers afternoon.

In fact i remember a non cupties match against Peele (I think) where we were all threatened will various dire consequences as it was obvious we had agreed they were going to win beforehand and were doing our best to be all out for 0.

Why did they ever try and arrange a sporting fixture specifically aimed at those not good at the sport that was on a wed afternoon in the summer and could take hours.
How I agree, wurzel. But hockey! Cold, agonising when hit with a stick. pointless - at least over more quickly than the endless boredom of cricket.

I'm heading towards the splendour of 500 posts!! Goal posts!

Munch
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest