Did the Christian Union kids end up as Satanists?

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

I don't think anyone's being critical of the C.U. or of those who attend it.

Personally, I was just trying to get a feel for how it works and how popular (or otherwise) it is, as I don't recall there being a C.U. at C.H. during the '70s.

I could of course be completely wrong about this, as it's entirely possible that one did exist and I just didn't notice it.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

99yorkpj wrote:Now come on guys...aren't we being a little unfair here? CU (now known as Big Fish), has changed a lot over the last year and is now being run by a small group of seniors. What's wrong with wanting to share beliefs and help others who want it? It's not like people are forced into going!!
I am only critical of the CU at my old university, Exeter.

I have never found a group of people who were less tolerant.

I am sure that the CU at CH is much better than that - but with one caveat which I do not wish to share on a public forum.
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
99yorkpj
Deputy Grecian

Post by 99yorkpj »

Ok, fair enough... I wasn't trying to be indignant, just putting in a little defense for my pals... as C.U has had a bad rep in the past, so I thought I'd try and rectify things a little. hehe.
2004-2006, Leigh Hunt B & Grecians' East.
darthmaul
Deputy Grecian

Post by darthmaul »

A CU faithful is back....

Yes, refreshment - or bribery, as some see it - is perhaps something we should remedy (for expectations only?)

Not all who attend are commited Christians, althugh this is more the case now more than ever before. The numbers and makeup of a typical meeting have change quite dramatically over the last few months, especially with the changing times of meetings. When we removed the evening meeting from a Sunday, lots of seniors stopped coming...

However, things change, and I believe that, although it would be nice to have more seniors, things don't always go the way we'd expect it to - especially if we haven't prayed about it first.
L. Fanthome : Pe.A (03-05) Gr.W (05-06)
99yorkpj
Deputy Grecian

Post by 99yorkpj »

I think that you're right there!!
2004-2006, Leigh Hunt B & Grecians' East.
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

My uni is current lee promoting 'cultural exchanges', i think its a series of lectures/debates, but i have enough of those down the pub..
Also various religion based societies regularly get slots on Demon FM [our radio station] letting peole know ehat they're about.
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02