underwear

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Re: underwear

Post by Angela Woodford »

CHAZ wrote:I must admit I have not the faintest idea what the modern well-dressed man wears in bed. (Unless I am the modern well-dressed man. In bed perhaps. But otherwise I make no claims to modernity.
Perhaps we shoudl launch a survey on this one?[/quote]

CHAZ - some time ago I was inspired to ask fellow Forum members this very question! If you look back, you'll find the thread "What Do You Wear In Bed?"

There were some very fascinating answers! Not a single stripy pyjama + cord respondent amongst the gentlemen who kindly contributed their bedtime sartorial secrets!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

I found it! There are so many threads that one does not always know whether a topic has been treated or not.

However an excellent read and predominantly female responses but we did learn that Philip and JR sleep in the buff!
Ironically JR has revealed recently that he has satin sheets so no wonder he is "nu" most nights.

Was surprised to see that boxers weren't fashionable....
Last edited by CHAZ on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Hell's teeth, is nothing sacred???

What other secrets have I revealed in my cups...?
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

Hell's teeth, is nothing sacred???

What other secrets have I revealed in my cups...?
May I respectfully request that the site administrators pull all the above mentioned moments into one thread for ease of access and to maximise opportunity for humour please? :lol:
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Angela Woodford wrote:
CHAZ wrote:I must admit I have not the faintest idea what the modern well-dressed man wears in bed. (Unless I am the modern well-dressed man. In bed perhaps. But otherwise I make no claims to modernity.
Perhaps we shoudl launch a survey on this one?
CHAZ - some time ago I was inspired to ask fellow Forum members this very question! If you look back, you'll find the thread "What Do You Wear In Bed?"

There were some very fascinating answers! Not a single stripy pyjama + cord respondent amongst the gentlemen who kindly contributed their bedtime sartorial secrets![/quote]

CHAZ didn't say what he is quoted as saying above, I did. CHAZ may well be the modern well-dressed man for all we know.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Thanks Michael: I think Angela misquoted me.

However good news! I have sent a picture of the infamous stripped PJs and rip cord to JT for him to help me put in on Forum as I am a real duffer at uploading. Hopefully you will all be able to appreciate. I am not in picture I must say.

For info, i am a boxer T shirt man!
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Hey! I can hardly wait for this picture! :wink:

CHAZ! Boxers and teeshirt - very nice, sure Mrs CHAZ loves the effect! So sorry to seem to misquote you! but I bet you once looked like a fab convict in your stripys? :rolleyes:

Philip - we know you smoulder under hot exotic conditions! Rather enchanting - JR in satin sheets...

Ever since leaving Hertford, I have appreciated the bliss of pretty lingerie, clean every day; owned and chosen by me! I expect you feel the same on a comfort level. Every day - itchy and scratchy!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

CHAZ wrote:I
JR sleep in the buff!
Ironically JR has revealed recently that he has satin sheets so no wonder he is "nu" most nights.
May I correct ONE point. Sleep au naturelle, YES.

Satin sheets NO. Too slippery for sleeping, however, in younger days and for other purposes............
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Angela Woodford wrote:
Ever since leaving Hertford, I have appreciated the bliss of pretty lingerie, clean every day; owned and chosen by me! I expect you feel the same on a comfort level. Every day - itchy and scratchy!
Clean every day - fine by me.

OTOH if it is pretty and you wear it in bed please explain:

who has X-ray eyes to see it under the bedclothes?
who can see it in the dark?

On a more personal level, SWMBO tried that lark and I ended up the next day with very painful and itchy "burns" all over my body; needed hospital treatment. (I was also given a shirt back in the early fifties when nylon was new - similar result)
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

Angela Woodford wrote:Hey! I can hardly wait for this picture! :wink:

CHAZ! Boxers and teeshirt - very nice, sure Mrs CHAZ loves the effect! So sorry to seem to misquote you! but I bet you once looked like a fab convict in your stripys? :rolleyes:

Philip - we know you smoulder under hot exotic conditions! Rather enchanting - JR in satin sheets...

I would add to your last paragraph "and no previous owners!" I am astonished at the number of people who buy second hand undies.
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Here are those stripped PJs...I am not in the photo but hopefully you can egt a feel for the "look" and maybe how the rip cord worked!!!

Enjoy
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

sejintenej wrote:
OTOH if it is pretty and you wear it in bed please explain:

who has X-ray eyes to see it under the bedclothes?
who can see it in the dark?
David! Here I risk a universal cry throughout cyberspace (?) of Too Much Information!!! Apologising in advance, I would comment that the whole thing of keeping one's lingerie on in bed is that one can arrange a flattering glow of complimentary light for full appreciation to be achieved.

N'est-ce pas, chéri?
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

May I correct ONE point. Sleep au naturelle, YES.

Satin sheets NO. Too slippery for sleeping, however, in younger days and for other purposes............[/quote]

Sorry for the presumption JR but I was making reference to your entry on Mallets Mallet when you followed the thread satin by sheet and wrote:

sheet

(nice !!)

So I incorrectly assumed that your "nice" was referring to the satin sheet....!!! My bust.
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

CHAZ wrote:http://www.chforum.info/pictures/Chaz/1 ... ryBags.jpg[/img]

Here are those stripped PJs...I am not in the photo but hopefully you can egt a feel for the "look" and maybe how the rip cord worked!!!

Enjoy

Thank you, CHAZ; love the picture! This looks like terrific fun! When was this taken? Who are the little boys?

Maggie - yes I remember you commenting a while ago about second-hand underwear buyers! Something about a regular Friday male clientele in charity shops? :lol: :lol: :shock:
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Actually the picture comes from Maine A in 1981 and belongs to JDS. It does clearly show the super PJs we had...
Last edited by CHAZ on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984