Lucky??

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

ianthomas
2nd Former

Lucky??

Post by ianthomas »

Guess I must be one of the lucky ones, because I can look back at my time at CH in general, as being a good part of my life, and even more so now as I look at the school children here in Singapore, and the only-children of China, where peer pressures on them to produce outstanding educational results are so great that virtually all the potential joys of childhood for them become oblivious...

One of my brighter moments was being caught red-handed by Seaman, the head himself, out of bounds on the school farm, chatting up a local farm bird...... Great days!!
Lamma looker
3rd Former

Post by Lamma looker »

chatting up a local farm bird
A keen ornithologist, Ian, or just kinky?
A healthy mind is a sign of a mis-spent youth
ianthomas
2nd Former

Kinky?

Post by ianthomas »

Strangely or not as the case may be, I was an avid "watcher" of birds of both types in those days. Nothing too kinky about that?? However, nowadays I only have interest in the non-feathered variety and unfortunately have to usually make-do with whatever turns up!! (On a very good run at this time though....)
Lamma looker
3rd Former

Post by Lamma looker »

Singapore does have it's fair share of talent, though...
A healthy mind is a sign of a mis-spent youth
rebel
3rd Former

Post by rebel »

And is this what the CH forum is about? Old guys going on about 'birds???
Last edited by rebel on Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

That's a bit harsh, Rebel !

Too many grumpy-pills ?? :oops:
rebel
3rd Former

Re: Kinky?

Post by rebel »

OK. there you are. I've edited the post that made you choke on your gruel.
BUT this sort of thing makes me choke on mine - have to make do? whatever turns up? What is he doing, sitting on a bench by the seaside ogling passers by, and bemoaning the fact that few people, apparently, notice his sterling charms. Perhaps the people on his 'very good run' are making do with whatever has turned up too.
ianthomas wrote: However, nowadays I only have interest in the non-feathered variety and unfortunately have to usually make-do with whatever turns up!! (On a very good run at this time though....)