My late father's scrap book

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

SheilaToo
2nd Former

My late father's scrap book

Post by SheilaToo »

Would anyone have a use for my late father's scapbook of memories from the early 1930s. It seems to cover from about 1930 to 1935, although the last few things are loose and not stuck in. The book has my Dad's initials on the outside and 'Christ's Hospital Horsham' also on its cover. There are photo's, newspaper articles, school play info, and so on. I can take photos of the contents if anyone is interested. They are all a bit yellowed and dust covered, but maybe of use in someone's archive.
I am not expecting anyone to remember my dad as he passed away in 2007, aged 88. So it is all from that era. I am afraid to admit that it is just junk to me and I am wondering whether to just quietly put it in my recycle bin, yet this seems such a waste.
I live on Anglesey, North Wales, so I would be prepared to post it to anyone who shows a serious interest.
My email is sheila_@btinternet.com.

Sheila
DavidRawlins
Button Grecian

Re: My late father's scrap book

Post by DavidRawlins »

Rather than throw it away, and if no one wants it, it should be sent to the School Museum.
Col A 1946-1953
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I quite agree with David !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

Sheila

The book sounds fascinating, but having seen documents disappear into private collections never to be seen again, I believe something like this should be at the museum where it could be accessed by anyone with an interest in that period.
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

Unless anyone can give you better directions, and you wish to give it to the museum, I would contact general enquiries here
http://www.christs-hospital.org.uk/cont ... school.php
there is also a small piece about the museum on this web site.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

I can only reiterate what others have said and suggest that what sounds a fascinating documentation of CH in the thirties is presented to the School museum at Horsham.

http://www.christs-hospital.org.uk/scho ... museum.php
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
SheilaToo
2nd Former

Post by SheilaToo »

Thank you all very much. I am amazed and very gratified with your prompt service and I have also received a reply from Tony Hogarth-Smith Administration Officer, at the museum.
So I will gather all the stuff I can find and post it to him.
Thank you again

Sheila
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

What a good idea, Sheila. In our charity shop we often get family photo albums, with no identifying note, when people are clearing Granny's house. It upsets us to have to throw them away, but the only idea we have had so far is the local museum, but they say they can't display them without permission from the family.
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

On a personal note - my Dad might be in that album! I wonder what house Sheila's father was?
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Absolutely re the CH Museum, Sheila et al.
If I had picked up on this thread sooner, I would have given you the link to the volunteer who runs the Museum and its 'staff' (Mike Barford). I am sure that Tony Hogarth Smith will be happy to pass on your father's memorabilia. It sounds fascinating.
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966