Rudolf

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Rudolf

Post by Spoonbill »

Remember bokker extraordinaire Rudolf? Why, he was the matiest, red-nosedliest, work-shyest groundsman bokker of them all, was he not? Always ready to bend the ear of anyone, young or old, who happened to be within ear-bending distance, he was far and away the best-known of the (sane) bokkers at CH for many, many years. So let's have a few full-bodied reminiscences re. good old Rudolph, eh what?

And look here: does anyone know what eventually became of him? Is he living/dead? Did the governors erect a large bronze statue of him, pint-handed and leaning on his broom? And just how long was he employed at CH anyway? (He once told me that he was formerly a driver of articulated lorries till one day when the rear end of his lorry overtook the front end on a motorway, much to his surprise. But when did he first start to bokk?)
Last edited by Spoonbill on Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

What era are we talking about, Spoonbill ?

QUESTION:-

Was the intelligence factor of bokkers caused by in-breeding ??
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Rudolf the Red-Nosed Bokker (Bless 'im)

Post by Spoonbill »

Well, Uncle Rudolph was definitely there in the '70s and certainly had the air of being (a) an old stager and (b) someone who wasn't about to make a major career move elsewhere.

(As for the average bokker's IQ, I've no idea quite why they were all so powerfully intelligent and mentally well-balanced, but I've often wondered. Former Northants (?) county cricketer and Head Groundsman Bob Clark(e) was something of an interloper on the bokker scene, I always felt. Not nearly as intelligent and handsome as the rest of 'em - and he also had too many teeth, which was highly suspicious.)

Incidentally, was the renowned '70s dining-hall bokker Jose eventually chained to a wall at Broadmoor?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Rudolf the Red-Nosed Bokker (Bless 'im)

Post by J.R. »

Spoonbill wrote:Well, Uncle Rudolph was definitely there in the '70s and certainly had the air of being (a) an old stager and (b) someone who wasn't about to make a major career move elsewhere.

(As for the average bokker's IQ, I've no idea quite why they were all so powerfully intelligent and mentally well-balanced, but I've often wondered. Former Northants (?) county cricketer and Head Groundsman Bob Clark(e) was something of an interloper on the bokker scene, I always felt. Not nearly as intelligent and handsome as the rest of 'em - and he also had too many teeth, which was highly suspicious.)

Incidentally, was the renowned '70s dining-hall bokker Jose eventually chained to a wall at Broadmoor?
Probably before my time !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.