Wierd Hobbies

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian
Posts: 3120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:08 pm
Real Name: Richard Ruck
Location: Horsham

Post by Richard Ruck » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:48 am

JamesF35 wrote:There was a guy in MidA (can't remember his name) who used to cultivate stick insects and, from time to time, eat them live !
This sounds like Pete Spurrier (was he in Mid.A ?)....
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14809
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey

Post by J.R. » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:28 pm

huntertitus wrote:I wouldn't want crickets up MY passage...
It'd make yer hoppin' mad !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
huntertitus
Button Grecian
Posts: 3379
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:55 pm
Real Name: Robin
Location: Battersea, London.
Contact:

Post by huntertitus » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:28 pm

JamesF35 wrote:There was a guy in MidA (can't remember his name) who used to cultivate stick insects and, from time to time, eat them live !
There was a guy in Peele B used to gather handfuls of craneflies and stuff them in his mouth to the horror and disgust of all.

User avatar
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian
Posts: 3120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:08 pm
Real Name: Richard Ruck
Location: Horsham

Post by Richard Ruck » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:32 pm

huntertitus wrote:
JamesF35 wrote:There was a guy in MidA (can't remember his name) who used to cultivate stick insects and, from time to time, eat them live !
There was a guy in Peele B used to gather handfuls of craneflies and stuff them in his mouth to the horror and disgust of all.
There was a guy in Mid.B who used to eat spoonfuls of school porridge, to the horror and disgust of all!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?

User avatar
huntertitus
Button Grecian
Posts: 3379
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:55 pm
Real Name: Robin
Location: Battersea, London.
Contact:

Post by huntertitus » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:36 pm

Richard Ruck wrote:
huntertitus wrote:
JamesF35 wrote:There was a guy in MidA (can't remember his name) who used to cultivate stick insects and, from time to time, eat them live !
There was a guy in Peele B used to gather handfuls of craneflies and stuff them in his mouth to the horror and disgust of all.
There was a guy in Mid.B who used to eat spoonfuls of school porridge, to the horror and disgust of all!
Now THAT's beyond belief! :shock:

User avatar
Great Plum
Button Grecian
Posts: 5173
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:59 am
Real Name: Matt Holdsworth
Location: Reigate

Post by Great Plum » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:45 pm

On my UF. a number of people used to keep mice in their desks, watebins and old tubs of marmalade!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99

User avatar
Rory
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:17 am
Real Name: Rory FT
Location: Shanghai

Post by Rory » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:58 am

sport! wrote:anyway, who recalls a couple of blokes who were in Lamb A, I believe in the mid 70s, one of whom had blonde hair, a limp and tended to wear army gear as much as possible, including some sort of scarf........anyway, their weird hobby, or was it just a myth? was going out on Big/Little Side after dark and hurling a sheath knife randomly up in the air and ........
that was only one bloke - called jeremy something. I think he had a problem with a glider.

then we had one in Col B who rather than the usual pin ups etc. in his study, decorated the walls with really sexy pictures of the new Intercity 125.

On the main topic - how weird is it to post a new topic with really unusual spelling!! Completely wired.

dogger
2nd Former
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:50 am

Post by dogger » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:44 am

Rory wrote:On the main topic - how weird is it to post a new topic with really unusual spelling!! Completely wired.
Probably a hobby.

User avatar
jhopgood
Button Grecian
Posts: 1712
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:26 pm
Real Name: John Hopgood
Location: Valencia

Re: Wierd Hobbies

Post by jhopgood » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:32 am

huntertitus wrote:Anybody have memories of kids with wierd hobbies?

Talking to cows. I got caned for doing this during a football match. The punishment didn't work; I still fall asleep if football is on the TV.
Not really for this theme, but some years ago and in another country, a soccer match I was playing in was suspended when a cow ate the corner flag.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14809
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey

Post by J.R. » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:23 pm

dogger wrote:
Rory wrote:On the main topic - how weird is it to post a new topic with really unusual spelling!! Completely wired.
Probably a hobby.
Hey !! That's ANOTHER bird. (Sorry - Wrong thread.)
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
marty
Grecian
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:29 pm
Location: in front of the computer - duh!!!

Post by marty » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:03 pm

A guy in Maine A, a few years above me, used to collect other people's sport's clothes...oh no, wait a minute - he was a THIEF! It got so bad that someone actually put a notice on his study door that said 'Lost Property'. I wont mention his name as he may have good lawyer by now...
I'm Fiona Bruce. Now the regional news, all my regions are just as fantastic as the rest of me.

User avatar
huntertitus
Button Grecian
Posts: 3379
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:55 pm
Real Name: Robin
Location: Battersea, London.
Contact:

Post by huntertitus » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:36 pm

Rory wrote:
sport! wrote:anyway, who recalls a couple of blokes who were in Lamb A, I believe in the mid 70s, one of whom had blonde hair, a limp and tended to wear army gear as much as possible, including some sort of scarf........anyway, their weird hobby, or was it just a myth? was going out on Big/Little Side after dark and hurling a sheath knife randomly up in the air and ........
that was only one bloke - called jeremy something. I think he had a problem with a glider.

then we had one in Col B who rather than the usual pin ups etc. in his study, decorated the walls with really sexy pictures of the new Intercity 125.

On the main topic - how weird is it to post a new topic with really unusual spelling!! Completely wired.
I will take that as a slap on the wrist!

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14809
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey

Post by J.R. » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:34 pm

marty wrote:A guy in Maine A, a few years above me, used to collect other people's sport's clothes...oh no, wait a minute - he was a THIEF! It got so bad that someone actually put a notice on his study door that said 'Lost Property'. I wont mention his name as he may have good lawyer by now...
This guy sounds to me, what we called a 'Snowdropper' when I was in the police, but this usually only concerned ladies under-wear and washing lines !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
huntertitus
Button Grecian
Posts: 3379
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:55 pm
Real Name: Robin
Location: Battersea, London.
Contact:

Post by huntertitus » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:24 pm

J.R. wrote:
marty wrote:A guy in Maine A, a few years above me, used to collect other people's sport's clothes...oh no, wait a minute - he was a THIEF! It got so bad that someone actually put a notice on his study door that said 'Lost Property'. I wont mention his name as he may have good lawyer by now...
This guy sounds to me, what we called a 'Snowdropper' when I was in the police, but this usually only concerned ladies under-wear and washing lines !
I'd love to hear some stories of the experiences you had in the police - it's one of those professions (like a doctor) where, if you are on the inside so to speak you get access to sidesplittingly funny stories - I know a few doctors and one had a vast list of objects which men had got their p*n*ses stuck into - some were quite unbelievable!

User avatar
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian
Posts: 3120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:08 pm
Real Name: Richard Ruck
Location: Horsham

Post by Richard Ruck » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:01 pm

I think you can say 'penises' on here, Robin.

It's not a rude word! If you talk about what they're used for, however..... :wink:

Bl*ody, on the other hand, doesn't make it past the censor. :roll:

Hope you never had a nosebleed, 'cos you wouldn't be able to describe it!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests