Morbid, but...

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

Reuben
3rd Former
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 2:29 pm
Real Name: Reuben Harris

Post by Reuben » Tue May 15, 2007 10:42 am

Hi Craig, I certainly remember your name! Any chance you could link an embarrassing photo of yourself? I actually have a mental image of you (a rare feat of recollection for me) but given that I am now capable of mistaking someone for their stepchild the probability of error remains high...

Re. David "Hemel" Hempstead and Mr Robinson, I have a horrible suspicion they are younger there than we are now... if that doesn't put the brevity of life into its true and ghastly perspective, what does? :D
Barnes/Thornton 1982-1988

cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:17 pm
Real Name: Craig Steger-Lewis
Location: Tring UK

Post by cstegerlewis » Tue May 15, 2007 12:06 pm

Check out the Middleton Photos thread - there are a few embarrassments there!

I suppose I should add a more recent one to show how much I have changed (or not :shock: )
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989

Vonny
Button Grecian
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:33 pm
Real Name: Yvonne Payne

Post by Vonny » Tue May 15, 2007 1:53 pm

cstegerlewis wrote:And doesn't Mr. (forgotten his name) Robinson look v. young :shock:
He does doesn't he :lol: That must have been a year or so before he married Miss (Catherine?) Hartnett.
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41

Reuben
3rd Former
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 2:29 pm
Real Name: Reuben Harris

Post by Reuben » Tue May 15, 2007 2:35 pm

Good god, so he did! I'd quite forgotten...

Christ, it's all starting to come back since joining here. That Thorn B house photo was full of strangers when I first saw it, I didn't even recognise myself at first. Now I can remember almost everyone... the same goes for other house photos from the same era, e.g. this chap:

Image

:D
Barnes/Thornton 1982-1988

cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:17 pm
Real Name: Craig Steger-Lewis
Location: Tring UK

Post by cstegerlewis » Tue May 15, 2007 6:55 pm

:oops: :oops:
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989

Vonny
Button Grecian
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:33 pm
Real Name: Yvonne Payne

Post by Vonny » Tue May 15, 2007 8:12 pm

Image
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41

Reuben
3rd Former
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 2:29 pm
Real Name: Reuben Harris

Post by Reuben » Wed May 16, 2007 10:28 am

No need to blush Craig, it's actually quite a good photo! At least there was clearly some life in you... whereas *I* look as if I'm unused to direct sunlight. It's almost as if I was spending 12 hours a day in the computer room or something... :roll:
Barnes/Thornton 1982-1988

User avatar
cj
Button Grecian
Posts: 1738
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:35 pm
Real Name: Catherine Standing
Location: Devon

Post by cj » Wed May 16, 2007 10:43 am

Reuben wrote:Image
Ha, ha, ha!!!
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.

cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:17 pm
Real Name: Craig Steger-Lewis
Location: Tring UK

Post by cstegerlewis » Wed May 16, 2007 11:48 am

Reuben wrote:It's almost as if I was spending 12 hours a day in the computer room or something... :roll:
I never noticed :lol: :lol:

Funny how spending any time in EJW's domain then was seen as wacky, whereas now I 'happily' :? spend more than that in front of a PC every day, and I am not even a techie.
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989

Vonny
Button Grecian
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:33 pm
Real Name: Yvonne Payne

Post by Vonny » Wed May 16, 2007 10:03 pm

cstegerlewis wrote:Mr. (forgotten his name) Robinson
Was it Mark?
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41

cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:17 pm
Real Name: Craig Steger-Lewis
Location: Tring UK

Post by cstegerlewis » Thu May 17, 2007 8:20 am

Vonny wrote:
cstegerlewis wrote:Mr. (forgotten his name) Robinson
Was it Mark?
Spot on, he was my CDT teacher for 2 years, and memorably tried to teach the Colts 1st XV Rugby League :lol:
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989

Vonny
Button Grecian
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:33 pm
Real Name: Yvonne Payne

Post by Vonny » Thu May 17, 2007 10:00 pm

cstegerlewis wrote:
Vonny wrote:
cstegerlewis wrote:Mr. (forgotten his name) Robinson
Was it Mark?
Spot on, he was my CDT teacher for 2 years, and memorably tried to teach the Colts 1st XV Rugby League :lol:
His sister worked at CH as well (Miss Robinson surprisingly enough :lol: ) - I think she may have taught needlework. She lived in BaB and was assistant house mistress or something like that. She could be quite fierce! She made me walk in a straight line one Saturday night :oops: :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41

BTaylor
GE (Great Erasmus)
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:57 am
Real Name: Ben Taylor
Location: Burbage, Wiltshire

Post by BTaylor » Fri May 18, 2007 2:55 pm

Vonny wrote:His sister worked at CH as well (Miss Robinson surprisingly enough :lol: ) - I think she may have taught needlework. She lived in BaB and was assistant house mistress or something like that. She could be quite fierce! She made me walk in a straight line one Saturday night :oops: :lol:
I think the missing words may well be 'try to'...
Thornton 85-92

Reuben
3rd Former
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 2:29 pm
Real Name: Reuben Harris

Post by Reuben » Fri May 18, 2007 3:13 pm

cstegerlewis wrote:Funny how spending any time in EJW's domain then was seen as wacky, whereas now I 'happily' :? spend more than that in front of a PC every day, and I am not even a techie.
"Wacky" is certainly one of the kinder words I've heard... :wink:

Shame we didn't all become Bill Gates -style software billionaires, but I guess at least it *was* good training for the modern workforce. Since becoming a professional programmer I've been doing 8-10 hours a day at a PC for the last 10 years, with no end in sight... <sigh>
Barnes/Thornton 1982-1988

Vonny
Button Grecian
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:33 pm
Real Name: Yvonne Payne

Post by Vonny » Fri May 18, 2007 6:28 pm

BTaylor wrote:
Vonny wrote:His sister worked at CH as well (Miss Robinson surprisingly enough :lol: ) - I think she may have taught needlework. She lived in BaB and was assistant house mistress or something like that. She could be quite fierce! She made me walk in a straight line one Saturday night :oops: :lol:
I think the missing words may well be 'try to'...
Well I got away with it :lol: :lol: :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest