Double Standards?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Double Standards?

Post by Mid A 15 »

Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

I bet you kenw I would reply to this.

Imagine you are the Police Officer tasked with planning and policing this demonstration.
You are given I finite number of officers to carry out the task, if things go wrong on the day you can call in extra resources from elsewhere in London but they will be withdrwan from their primary task which is general policing and protecting London from an imminent terrorist threat.

Suicide bombers will be aware of this and may use the demonstration as a decoy to suck officers away to the demonstration to make a terrorist attck.

What intelligence is available? Probably an estimate of the number of demonstrators including the fact that some will demonstrate quietly and others will be more angry, physical and likely to commit acts of violence.
There may even be suicide bombers within the group who will resort to extreme violence with no concern for their own safety.
Intelligence from abroad suggests that they may target foreign embassies and try to set them on fire.

Now set your priorities, remember that you are responsible for your officers safety as well, they may be scarred themselves, there are some evil people out there who will not think twice about attacking them.

Where on your list does arresting demonstrators for carrying offensive placards come? Especially if these individuals are doing nothing else criminal at the time. They are only carrying a highly threatening banner. (Remember each arrest will take officers out of the front line and reduce your efficency).

Now plan to police a demonstration against tolls on a bridge in Scotland.
Will your priorities be the same?

Politicians know this but choose to ignore it when they wish to make cheap political points.

It's about time Mr Knapman and other politicians woke up smelt the coffee and got behind those protecting this country instead of sniping away at every opportunity.

I'll go and make myself a cup of coffee now, if I can get off this bl**dy big horse.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

AKAP wrote:I bet you kenw I would reply to this.

Imagine you are the Police Officer tasked with planning and policing this demonstration.
You are given I finite number of officers to carry out the task, if things go wrong on the day you can call in extra resources from elsewhere in London but they will be withdrwan from their primary task which is general policing and protecting London from an imminent terrorist threat.

Suicide bombers will be aware of this and may use the demonstration as a decoy to suck officers away to the demonstration to make a terrorist attck.

What intelligence is available? Probably an estimate of the number of demonstrators including the fact that some will demonstrate quietly and others will be more angry, physical and likely to commit acts of violence.
There may even be suicide bombers within the group who will resort to extreme violence with no concern for their own safety.
Intelligence from abroad suggests that they may target foreign embassies and try to set them on fire.

Now set your priorities, remember that you are responsible for your officers safety as well, they may be scarred themselves, there are some evil people out there who will not think twice about attacking them.

Where on your list does arresting demonstrators for carrying offensive placards come? Especially if these individuals are doing nothing else criminal at the time. They are only carrying a highly threatening banner. (Remember each arrest will take officers out of the front line and reduce your efficency).

Now plan to police a demonstration against tolls on a bridge in Scotland.
Will your priorities be the same?

Politicians know this but choose to ignore it when they wish to make cheap political points.

It's about time Mr Knapman and other politicians woke up smelt the coffee and got behind those protecting this country instead of sniping away at every opportunity.

I'll go and make myself a cup of coffee now, if I can get off this bl**dy big horse.
I fully understand that there were more important things to do in London than take names for the reasons you outline.

Why though was there a need to take names on what (admittedly Knapman's version) was a peaceful demo in Scotland?

Surely a watching brief would have been sufficient?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

Mid A 15 wrote: I fully understand that there were more important things to do in London than take names for the reasons you outline.

Why though was there a need to take names on what (admittedly Knapman's version) was a peaceful demo in Scotland?

Surely a watching brief would have been sufficient?
I have no idea, but it is difficult to comment on that action without knowing what was going on up there.

(Large horse is back in it's stable now.)