Childbirth, enter at your peril.

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I think this is what makes it all worth while

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... pr=goog-sl
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

englishangel wrote:I think this is what makes it all worth while

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... pr=goog-sl

Mary hun, you are just ga ga when it comes to babies!!! I am so glad I stopped at 2, although I keep clucking - a friend of mine has recently had her last she had 1 from a former marriage who turned 18 last week - and her 2nd marriage the husband had no children so she started a 2nd family - son of 6, daughter of 3 and "an accident" who will be 1 at the end of the month!! I have looked after the latest quite a lot, and on Saturday night had the three of them next to me asleep at the eldest sons birthday bash..... it's worth it when they are asleep!!! but getting the 11½month old to go to sleep - argh!!! But still a great deal easier than English Nanny 911, or super nanny - how did those children become SO out of control?
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
hoob
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by hoob »

Jude wrote:Hormonal Female - BACK OFF!!

Do you think it will catch on?
I think I've actually seen one of these on a car - you haven't managed to print one off yet have you?

It fun to stimulate debate - I do have a nasty habit of sticking my head above the parapet...... :rave:

My Eldest Daughter has just turned 8, I keep telling my wife that I'll be buying a shotgun when she's 16.....She thinks I'm joking!

big hugs from me (being full time Enemy of the State, I get a lot of people ringing me in desperation asking for IVF (lots of other things too but that's the most emotive) so I know where you are coming from) but we worry too - I guess its true whoever said that "your children are your parents revenge"

Hexing sounds fun - can I have one/ :snakeman:

(probably wouldn't notice with everything else that's going on)
Mike
Mab/MaA 1981 - 1988
Why is there so much month left at the end of my money?
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

Insanity is hereditry, you get it from your children.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

There are few things about children
1) be nice to them as they get to chose your retirement home
2) Parents need to be horrid - it's the only way to get revenge!
3) Wait until you become a grandparent, you can spoil the grandchild rotten doing all the things you would never have done with your own child, and then, oh joy of joy's, you hand them back!!!
4) It is important for a parent to be alays armed with the most embarrassing photo or story at hand when the first boyfriend/girlfriend is brought home - it just sets the scene for things to come!!!

5) the best time of a childs life as a parent- is when they are fast asleep!
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

AKAP wrote:There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.

I guess that by that statement you too have had your share of "black is "blue"?!!

teenagers are a species unto themselves - no doubt our parent thought the same about us, the music (if you can call it that!), the self righteous presumption that you will give up your time, car, money etc just for them, and the biggest one of all :

you hate me - you wished I was never born..... if only I could sometimes dislike mine that much!

I will always love them - but at times I do not LIKE them!
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Jude wrote:
AKAP wrote:There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.

I will always love them - but at times I do not LIKE them!
Hear hear.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Jude
Button Grecian

Shotguns, children and wives?

Post by Jude »

hoob wrote:My Eldest Daughter has just turned 8, I keep telling my wife that I'll be buying a shotgun when she's 16.....She thinks I'm joking!

big hugs from me
Thanks for the hug!! As for the shotgun - is it to shoot your wife or for a shotgun marriage?!! :shock:

I have a best female friend who has a daughter 8 years older than mine, so as soon as Srah (my daughter) starts on a phase - Jen (my friend) says "oh been here with Chess" (her daughter) so she comes with me for moral support and to tell me I'm a prude when Sarah needs Bra's and pants (only she wears thongs or some other weird combination!) As for sons, I can't say much can i....? I think they needed their father more - but he'd gone by the time Sarah was 1... he had them on very 3rd w/e (it had been every other, but he filled them up with so much sugar, E numbers and no propper food, it took me a week to get them stable again) - these days he has nothing to do with them having remairried, and his new wife hates children so he desowned them 4 years ago... nice man... - AH - that's where the shotgun comes in!!!!!!

:evil: :twisted: 8) :shock:
sport!
Deputy Grecian

Post by sport! »

missed this thread previously......adding to AKAP and Hoob's male perspective on this.....in a nutshell:

Number 1

2 weeks overdue
knitting needles
TENS
24 hours later = baby
gas & air right at the end = vomiting

Number 2

heart monitor thingy required, electrodes (?) applied to baby's scalp
no painkillers whatsoever (a rarity nowadays?)
24 hours again = baby

Both delivered in hospital (where Hoob works I suspect).

I'll take Manflu any day.
BaB, ColB 1973-80
hoob
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by hoob »

Regrettably I don't. I'm an even nastier version of NHS manager - I'm a PCT Commissioning Director.

But kind of you to think otherwise.....(NHS Managers have feelings too)
Mike
Mab/MaA 1981 - 1988
Why is there so much month left at the end of my money?
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

if you are boasting times of delivery....

No 1 (son) - induced (I had pre-eclamsia) 3 days later he was finally pulled out from me not breathing and by a retiering midwife whose first words to me "we are not losing this one on my last day"...(2 days in second stage not much fun), he was 8lbs 3oz, 25" long (yes THAT long)didn't see him as he got whisked off to SCBU, suction, re-breath etc.. I was put in an empty unused ward to "sleep" was given something to knock me out and finally held my son (or is it???) about 18 + hours later

No 2 (daughter) 12 days late, lost 1lb in Utero, 2 days of labour, then was abandoned by the midwife who also took my birthing trolley telling me I would give birth before midnight (8.30pm), i said I needed to push, and knew my body - she said do what you want - and went out, Daughter arrived 5mins later, and was caught by her father (apart from colds the only thing he ever caught in his life).. she was 7lbs 1oz, 20" long, but we both went into shock, I had retained placenta, she had come out too fast, and yet again I didn't see my baby for several hours!

Wonder if I actually have MY OWN CHILDREN???????? At times I think NOT!!!!

:oops: 8)