Ken Livingstone in China

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

J.R. wrote:
Richard Ruck wrote:Well, how did Ken's visit go?

Hope he didn't have to eat any newts.....
.. Probably got as p1ssed as one !!
Well, perhaps if Rory had anything to do with it!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

What's wrong with eating newts??? as long as you add a bit of ketchup of course.
I suppose his visit went fine - he wasn't as provocative as I had hoped but then again - probably a lot of that is down to the press who report on him. He made friends with the mayor of Shanghai and promoted the UK (as well as London) for inward investment from China.
Had a good breakfast tho...
swirl
3rd Former

Post by swirl »

Chelsea FC have become on of the official "olypic representitives" for 2012 and I know that Peter Kenyon has Joined Ken in China, so they can go and look at the beijing olympic site. Oh, and to make alll Chinese people love Chelsea and not Man utd
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Rory wrote: Had a good breakfast tho...
Surely not a breakfast meeting?

Dirty American invention. I avoid them at all costs - breakfast is a time for getting your brain to wake up, not for being serious! I had my one and only breakfast meeting in Seoul years ago. The bloke I was dealing with was obviously more used to eating kimchi for breakfast, and his encounter with a poached egg left most of it running down his chin. Nice!

Not conducive to haggling over the export price of classical CDs........

Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

Certainly a breakfast meeting - and since when have I been serious - at breakfast or any other time.
Listen - either I have a coffee and a fag at home then go to work - or I get driven to some hotel and have a fry up on the pretext of showing my support for and interest in one of our eminent 'politicians'.
Its an easy choice.....
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Well, the fry-up bit's OK.

And don't worry, I wasn't accusing YOU of being too serious.... :lol:

It's just that I have memories of breakfasts in Japan, listening to some earnest Yank on the next table trying the hard sell approach to some poor Japanese guy who just sat there being polite, probably wishing he had put in for that transfer to a factory in South Wales........