Happy Easter

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

FrogBoxed wrote:I'm having Saturday off to paint the bathroom. Deep joy.
Update: thanks to daft delivery drivers who get lost at the drop of a hat, I am now going to have to do the painting on Sunday, as Saturday will instead be spent tiling and grouting.... but the good news is as the fllor is being laid tomorrow I have to go out for the day. Ooh goodie! Any suggestions of things to do? (Keep 'em clean, J.R. ;))
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

This weekend we are mostly fitting our kitchen. When I say 'we', I naturally mean 'im indoors with me barking instructions and making tea. I shall also be wielding a mean-looking paintbrush and covering anything that stays still for long enough with a coat of Regency White eggshell. Mmm. And then we have guests coming to add to the general feeling of chaos. This is the first Easter in thirty cough cough years that we haven't been anywhere near a church. I'm even going out to do the shopping on Good Friday :twisted: instead of singing the (very gorgeous) Vittoria Reproaches. If I'm struck down with a divine thunderbolt, it's been a pleasure conversing with you all!
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

Richard Ruck wrote:I've got to put up a new shed this weekend. Oh, the excitement!
Isn't it the case that you already have a shed? So from now on, you can be R two sheds R. I'll just call you 'two sheds' for short.

Easter - a fine religious festival in this country - luckily it falls on a Sunday so I get the day off. Not so with Christmas - if that's a weekday - its a normal working day. Bl**dy heathens!
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Rory wrote:Easter - a fine religious festival in this country - luckily it falls on a Sunday so I get the day off. Not so with Christmas - if that's a weekday - its a normal working day.
When we lived in Pakistan, 25th December WAS a public holiday but Christmas Day was NOT (Sort that out if you can!) 25th December was the birthday of Mohammed Ali Jinnah, Founder of the Nation.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

I'm still thinking about that one........................................
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Katharine wrote:
Rory wrote:Easter - a fine religious festival in this country - luckily it falls on a Sunday so I get the day off. Not so with Christmas - if that's a weekday - its a normal working day.
When we lived in Pakistan, 25th December WAS a public holiday but Christmas Day was NOT (Sort that out if you can!) 25th December was the birthday of Mohammed Ali Jinnah, Founder of the Nation.
How very convenient.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Probably on the boat for a night or two. Dropping the hook near St Mawes on Sunday as we are invited to lunch with my sister who is staying at Trewince Manor in the Roseland.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

englishangel wrote:
Katharine wrote:When we lived in Pakistan, 25th December WAS a public holiday but Christmas Day was NOT (Sort that out if you can!) 25th December was the birthday of Mohammed Ali Jinnah, Founder of the Nation.
How very convenient.
We were under strict instructions never to refer to the holiday as Christmas but .... On at least a couple of the years we were there, there were editorials saying how marvellous it was that two of the greatest men in history shared the same birthday.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

FrogBoxed wrote:
FrogBoxed wrote:I'm having Saturday off to paint the bathroom. Deep joy.
Update: thanks to daft delivery drivers who get lost at the drop of a hat, I am now going to have to do the painting on Sunday, as Saturday will instead be spent tiling and grouting.... but the good news is as the fllor is being laid tomorrow I have to go out for the day. Ooh goodie! Any suggestions of things to do? (Keep 'em clean, J.R. ;))
Boring week-end in that case !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.