Who will win................ ?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

F.A. Cup Winners For 2006 ?

Poll ended at Thu May 25, 2006 1:57 pm

West Ham
5
56%
Liverpool
4
44%
 
Total votes: 9

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14816
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey

Who will win................ ?

Post by J.R. » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:57 pm

.....................The F.A. Cup Final ?

Now that we know it's West 'Am v Liverpool, who do you think will win and do you dare predict the score ?

Personally, I hope its The Hammers, only because the thieving scousers knocked my beloved West London side out ! (Personally, I think Mr Graham Poll should do a revision course at the Refs Skool !)
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
Mid A 15
Button Grecian
Posts: 2925
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 1:38 pm
Real Name: Claude Rains
Location: The Patio Of England (Kent)

Re: Who will win................ ?

Post by Mid A 15 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:05 pm

J.R. wrote:.....................The F.A. Cup Final ?

Now that we know it's West 'Am v Liverpool, who do you think will win and do you dare predict the score ?

Personally, I hope its The Hammers, only because the thieving scousers knocked my beloved West London side out ! (Personally, I think Mr Graham Poll should do a revision course at the Refs Skool !)
2-0 to Liverpool.

West Ham were lucky Schwarzer was injured and Boro were tired after their game in Bucharest on Thursday.

That said they did beat Boro which is more than we (Charlton Athletic) could do in the previous round. I drove for 16 hours with traffic jams, road works etc to Middlesbrough and back to watch us lose that replay :twisted:

We sing a rude song about Mr Poll when he visits The Valley :wink:
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72

midget
Button Grecian
Posts: 3186
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:49 pm
Real Name: Margaret O`Riordan
Location: Barnstaple Devon

Re: Who will win................ ?

Post by midget » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:11 pm

Mid A 15 wrote:..............That said they did beat Boro which is more than we (Charlton Athletic) could do in the previous round. I drove for 16 hours with traffic jams, road works etc to Middlesbrough and back to watch us lose that replay :twisted:

We sing a rude song about Mr Poll when he visits The Valley :wink:
My Dad osed to support Charlton when we lived in Greenwich before the war. I tried to Google my old school,(Calvert Road mixed infants and juniors) but someone has removed it from the map!

Does it matter who wins th Cup (hides under the desk)

Maggie
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.

User avatar
Mid A 15
Button Grecian
Posts: 2925
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 1:38 pm
Real Name: Claude Rains
Location: The Patio Of England (Kent)

Re: Who will win................ ?

Post by Mid A 15 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:29 pm

midget wrote:
Mid A 15 wrote:..............That said they did beat Boro which is more than we (Charlton Athletic) could do in the previous round. I drove for 16 hours with traffic jams, road works etc to Middlesbrough and back to watch us lose that replay :twisted:

We sing a rude song about Mr Poll when he visits The Valley :wink:
My Dad osed to support Charlton when we lived in Greenwich before the war. I tried to Google my old school,(Calvert Road mixed infants and juniors) but someone has removed it from the map!

Does it matter who wins th Cup (hides under the desk)



Maggie
No not at all now Charlton are out :!:

If memory serves me right Calvert Road is next to Greenwich and District Hospital (? formerly St Alphege). I cannot recall seeing a school in the road only residential houses.

Mind you I have not visited that part of Greenwich for many years.

My oldest daughter was born in Greenwich and District Hospital.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72

midget
Button Grecian
Posts: 3186
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:49 pm
Real Name: Margaret O`Riordan
Location: Barnstaple Devon

Re: Who will win................ ?

Post by midget » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:08 pm

Mid A 15 wrote:No not at all now Charlton are out :!:

If memory serves me right Calvert Road is next to Greenwich and District Hospital (? formerly St Alphege). I cannot recall seeing a school in the road only residential houses.

Mind you I have not visited that part of Greenwich for many years.

My oldest daughter was born in Greenwich and District Hospital.
My sister visited Calvert Rd recently, and reports that St. Alpheges is to be/is being demolished, and a new hospital built on the site of Woolwich Barracks. The old primary school has been rebuilt in Allandale Rd.

Our Back yard in Greenwich backed onto the hospital. I haven't been therefor about 50 years, but I believe I still have cousins in the area, and for sure my grandfather's ghost will be haunting most of the pubs.
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.

User avatar
marty
Grecian
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:29 pm
Location: in front of the computer - duh!!!

Post by marty » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:19 pm

I think Liverpool will win.

70,000 cockneys and scousers descending on the Welsh capital? The FA Cup wont be the only silverware lifted in Cardiff on the 13th May!!!!
I'm Fiona Bruce. Now the regional news, all my regions are just as fantastic as the rest of me.

User avatar
jhopgood
Button Grecian
Posts: 1713
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:26 pm
Real Name: John Hopgood
Location: Valencia

Post by jhopgood » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:32 pm

Amamzing how we managed to hijack this thread to South East London.
Shame we could'nt hijack the Cup as well.
We should hold a reunion of OB's originally from SE post codes, which I would be happy to arrange in what I always consider as the Hopgood pub on Plumstead Common, "The Who'd Have Thought It". Founded by an ancestor when my forebears moved from the Maidstone area to Plumstead at the beginning of the 19th century.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)

User avatar
Mid A 15
Button Grecian
Posts: 2925
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 1:38 pm
Real Name: Claude Rains
Location: The Patio Of England (Kent)

Post by Mid A 15 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:00 pm

jhopgood wrote:Amamzing how we managed to hijack this thread to South East London.
Shame we could'nt hijack the Cup as well.
We should hold a reunion of OB's originally from SE post codes, which I would be happy to arrange in what I always consider as the Hopgood pub on Plumstead Common, "The Who'd Have Thought It". Founded by an ancestor when my forebears moved from the Maidstone area to Plumstead at the beginning of the 19th century.
I had the occasional pint there in my youth being originally of SE18 extraction myself.

There must be a fair few of us either formerly or currently from SE London.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72

Katharine
Button Grecian
Posts: 2934
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:44 pm
Real Name: Katharine Dobson
Location: Gwynedd

Post by Katharine » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:10 pm

Mid A 15 wrote:There must be a fair few of us either formerly or currently from SE London.
As far as I recall, there were 9 in my year in 6s and 7 of them came from SE London - around Lewisham. Of course it was still the time when there were LCC places/scholars whatever. (Iwas one of the two exceptions!)
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

User avatar
jhopgood
Button Grecian
Posts: 1713
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:26 pm
Real Name: John Hopgood
Location: Valencia

Post by jhopgood » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:19 pm

From my school in New Eltham we had one from the previous year, Peter Thomson I think, 3 from my year, Michael Froggatt, Ian Johnson and myself, and then my brother and sister later on.
In my year at CH was Philip Gathercole from Shooters Hill, and I'm sure there must have been more.
SE London is a neglected and underrated part of London, that most people, including the Gunners, left. I still find it interesting to go back and potter about.
Some of my family stiull live there and I have a cousin who lives just off the common.

Hendrik
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:27 pm
Real Name: No really, it is Hendrik.
Location: Bad Ischl, Austria
Contact:

Post by Hendrik » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:09 pm

i can't stand the hype of the sport but i am hypothetically supporting the hammers as it is Iron Maiden's preferred football team.

Bassist Steve Harris played for the junior hammers and nearly went pro before, thankfully, founding one of the best bands in history instead.

aguinaga
2nd Former
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:37 pm
Real Name: Arnold Schwarzenegger
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by aguinaga » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:43 pm

I certainly can stand the hype of the beautiful game, and as a West Ham fan I'm completely delighted at the progess this season, and of course it would be absolutely magnificent to win the cup, but Liverpool are a brilliant team and the best thing of all is that it's a guaranteed place in Europe anyway now; the season may as well be over because everything has been achieved! :D

swirl
3rd Former
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:35 pm
Real Name: .
Location: London
Contact:

Post by swirl » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:04 pm

I trekked it to Old Trafford last saturday to watch the semi and those dirty scousers stole our place. grrrr.

Does the song about Graham Poll by any chance go "ooooooooh Graham Poll, He's a fking ahole, hes a fking ahole, hes a fking ahole"???? lol

well at least he got bottles and anything else they could find thrown at him by the chelsea fans at the end of the game as they were about to go down the tunnel at old trafford. That DID cheer me up a bit, even tho we lost

User avatar
Mid A 15
Button Grecian
Posts: 2925
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 1:38 pm
Real Name: Claude Rains
Location: The Patio Of England (Kent)

Post by Mid A 15 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:34 am

swirl wrote:I trekked it to Old Trafford last saturday to watch the semi and those dirty scousers stole our place. grrrr.

Does the song about Graham Poll by any chance go "ooooooooh Graham Poll, He's a fking ahole, hes a fking ahole, hes a fking ahole"???? lol

well at least he got bottles and anything else they could find thrown at him by the chelsea fans at the end of the game as they were about to go down the tunnel at old trafford. That DID cheer me up a bit, even tho we lost
very similar swirl :!: :wink:
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72

User avatar
sport!
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 am
Location: West Sussex

Post by sport! » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:10 am

:D :D :D :D

Happy Hammer!

:D :D :D :D

West Ham won the cup twice while I was at CH, it's been a long wait to reach another final........

:D :D :D :D
BaB, ColB 1973-80

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests