1001 uses for used and waiting to be used politicians.....

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

BTaylor wrote:You might not like Prescott, but he only shagged his secretary. Loose morals and you have to pity his wife but hardly the sin of the century.

I hate to think what would happen to UK business if the same righteous indignation was applied.
This is but the tip of the iceburg - think of all the other things he has had his hands on / in and what he might have done - everything he has touched now has a taint of dishonesty about it.

The same strict morals SHOULD be applied to ALL Businesses - because somewhere along the line are people who work on the lowest wages for them, or have their lifes money invested in these companies - think of the Bank that Neilson brought down - Think of the NAMES of Lloyds who suffered so much damage.. It's time to throw out loose morality, and bring in proper clean and decent workplaces, peel off the skin and look within, and remove the cancerlike thugs theives and shady people from within...

Pity we no longer have a place to ship them too...... But Australia has done well...
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Jude wrote:We need a female to lead, one with strong minded thoughts on how to put hte Great back into Britan.
Hasn't that already been tried?
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Jude wrote: The same strict morals SHOULD be applied to ALL Businesses - because somewhere along the line are people who work on the lowest wages for them, or have their lifes money invested in these companies - think of the Bank that Neilson brought down - Think of the NAMES of Lloyds who suffered so much damage.. It's time to throw out loose morality, and bring in proper clean and decent workplaces, peel off the skin and look within, and remove the cancerlike thugs theives and shady people from within...

Pity we no longer have a place to ship them too...... But Australia has done well...
Who will police this? And, I venture to suggest, in this Utopian world there will be very few people left who meet all these criteria.

Not many people left to run our businesses, then.

Re. the bank - do you mean Nick Leeson? Neilson (Donald) was a serial killer during the '70s!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I'M SHATTERED !!

Just phoned the Dep. PM's office to see if I could have the 'excess to requirements' secretary !

Far too expensive...........................

144 Melton Mowbray Pork Pies.......
A yearly free pass to Harry Ramsden's...............
A fuel card for two Jaguar cars..........
48 Gross 'ready to eat' Patak curry meals.................
A 'Get out of jail FREE' card' for belting demonstrators......
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

J.R. wrote:I'M SHATTERED !!

Just phoned the Dep. PM's office to see if I could have the 'excess to requirements' secretary !

Far too expensive...........................

144 Melton Mowbray Pork Pies.......
A yearly free pass to Harry Ramsden's...............
A fuel card for two Jaguar cars..........
48 Gross 'ready to eat' Patak curry meals.................
A 'Get out of jail FREE' card' for belting demonstrators......
No wonder you are tired - trying to eat all that in one day???
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

BTaylor wrote:You might not like Prescott, but he only shagged his secretary. Loose morals and you have to pity his wife but hardly the sin of the century.
You say it as though it doesn't matter that he involved himself in the most physically intimate way with another person when he is married ie. forsaking all others, let no man (or woman) put asunder etc. It shows such a lack of feeling towards another person, and a complete disregard of a promise made. If he's not bothered by doing that, then what else doesn't he care about? I heard someone on the radio say that it could have happened to anyone and that he was sorry. Well I'm sorry but no, it doesn't and you can't undo what has been done. What a bl**dy feeble excuse. If you're desperate for some hanky-panky, fly solo. Or just grit your teeth and think of Mary Whitehouse. And yes, it would have been his own business except that he used 'company' cars/flats etc. to fanny about in, and that is funded by us!
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Mid A 15 wrote: "Knobber"
Giggle!!!!!!!

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Jude wrote:
englishangel wrote:Well I think you are all very rude.

But then I don't want to be arrested under the 'prevention of terrorism' act.

C'mon Mary - let it out - we know how you really feel!!
Nauseous
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

englishangel wrote:
Jude wrote:
englishangel wrote:Well I think you are all very rude.

But then I don't want to be arrested under the 'prevention of terrorism' act.

C'mon Mary - let it out - we know how you really feel!!
Nauseous
that was a very gentle way of saying how you feel - you under the weather??

This fat blob of lard, beats people up for a living (he was a bully at school so it is claimed) he reneges on his marriage vows, not for 1 lapse, but for 2 whole bloddy years, he thinks it's acceptable behaviour, and his prime minister says it's private - like heck it is - we have paid in our taxes for him to have that affair.. he will be ousted - oust I say with you oust!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I loved Littlejohn's comment on Prezzer in yesterdays Mail.

"He only been doing to his secretary what he's been doing to us for the last nine years !!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
BTaylor
Deputy Grecian

Post by BTaylor »

cj wrote:
You say it as though it doesn't matter that he involved himself in the most physically intimate way with another person when he is married ie. forsaking all others, let no man (or woman) put asunder etc. It shows such a lack of feeling towards another person, and a complete disregard of a promise made. If he's not bothered by doing that, then what else doesn't he care about? I heard someone on the radio say that it could have happened to anyone and that he was sorry. Well I'm sorry but no, it doesn't and you can't undo what has been done. What a bl**dy feeble excuse. If you're desperate for some hanky-panky, fly solo. Or just grit your teeth and think of Mary Whitehouse. And yes, it would have been his own business except that he used 'company' cars/flats etc. to fanny about in, and that is funded by us!
I never knew that so many people were beyond reproach.

Whatever you may think, does it mean he makes worse decisions? I'm no fan of Prescott (as I said), but he made a mistake. That is all.
Thornton 85-92
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

BTaylor wrote:
cj wrote:
I never knew that so many people were beyond reproach.

Whatever you may think, does it mean he makes worse decisions? I'm no fan of Prescott (as I said), but he made a mistake. That is all.
I'm certainly not beyond reproach and have many (major) flaws, but if you're married you're off limits. It's very simple. You don't accidentally find yourself having sex with someone, instead of, say, doing the photocopying or making a cup of tea. It's a very definite course of action. If you have a problem in a relationship, do something about it. I don't appreciate being told by them how to live my life when they are arsing about like this. If they don't interfere to start with, then fine, but if you're going to preach 'family values' etc. then have the decency to practise it! Please remember the moral high-ground NL took when they were in opposition to John Major's ludicrous government. But now that the boot is on the other foot it doesn't seem to matter. Unfortunately, it is behaviour that is copied, and those in high places ought to consider what influence they have on those further down the pecking order. Except that now it's a case of "don't do as I do, do as I say".

Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

BTaylor wrote:I never knew that so many people were beyond reproach.

None of us can claim to be beyond reproach, and you are saying he made a mistake? Ok if he's done it once - say when drunk - but more than that? that is not a mistake, that is actually thinking, knowing and reasoning with himslef that the actions he was taking were some how ok. If this is how he works out the truth in his personal life, this country is really up the Khyber. It is not A mistake - is 2 YEARS OF MAKING MISTAKES EVERY TIME THEY WERE TOGETHER. And there is no way anyone can or will ever convince me that things in personal life don't affect things in working life - have had it all and am being currently knocked about by the "mistake" my son made.

Wake up m'dear and see the truth.
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

And all this in the week that TB announced that he was starting some "health kick". I can almost see the Private Eye headlines now:

Man drinks water
(TB states that he will drink one glass of water per cup of coffee)

Man uses stairs
(TB states that he will try not to use the lift)

Honestly? Is it me?!
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design