My local gym and its blatantly sexist policy - bah humbug!!!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Is my gym's policy sexist?

Yes of course it is Marty and they should scrap it immediately - the fiends!
72%
No, I disagree with you Marty
11%
Stop wasting my time with these silly polls
17%

Total votes: 18

Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

I just think you're overreacting a little thats all, but if you start a petition against the women only night at the gym then I will be there to sign it for you.
Two men lying in a bed, one rolled over to the other and said, 'I'm gonna lead me a life of danger, I'm gonna marry a WESSEX RANGER!'
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Come along all of you. Calm down!

Now in MOST ( please note I said most) gyms and leusire centres there are separate male and female times - this is to allow the gender whose turn it is to potter around in the nude in the sauna on their towel etc... now think about it......

you are a nicely toned female (Mary for example) going to the gym, and there is no signs to say it is any gender night. She does her triathalon, then heads for the showers, and then into the sauna for a nice long relax, when she is almost kicked out of the sauna as John Prescott has got in there first (in the nude) and there is no room for anyone else - so do you get the drift? Mary now inconsolable has to sue the leisure centre / gym for being knocked to the floor, suffering head injuries, and then the mental problems that would follow are too horrendous to think of! (OK Mary off you go and claim your billions!)

Hence my dearest children young and old, that is why there are separate gender nights - now if it is a PRIVATE gym club that you pay £$£$Zillions to get through the door (along with the special handshake, high and low 5's etc) then they are allowed to do what they like - you have to abide by their rules. If it is the local leisure centre - then they have to be gender neutral and offer the same for both.
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Jude wrote:Come along all of you. Calm down!

Now in MOST ( please note I said most) gyms and leusire centres there are separate male and female times - this is to allow the gender whose turn it is to potter around in the nude in the sauna on their towel etc... now think about it......
I'm not sure that would be such a good idea ! (..on second thoughts !!)

Come along all of you. Calm down! It's only an advert !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Jude wrote:Come along all of you. Calm down!

you are a nicely toned female (Mary for example) going to the gym, and there is no signs to say it is any gender night. She does her triathalon, then heads for the showers, and then into the sauna for a nice long relax, when she is almost kicked out of the sauna as John Prescott has got in there first (in the nude) and there is no room for anyone else - so do you get the drift? Mary now inconsolable has to sue the leisure centre / gym for being knocked to the floor, suffering head injuries, and then the mental problems that would follow are too horrendous to think of! (OK Mary off you go and claim your billions!)

Hence my dearest children young and old, that is why there are separate gender nights - now if it is a PRIVATE gym club that you pay £$£$Zillions to get through the door (along with the special handshake, high and low 5's etc) then they are allowed to do what they like - you have to abide by their rules. If it is the local leisure centre - then they have to be gender neutral and offer the same for both.
You are very kind, but about 10 years out of date.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

Jude wrote:now if it is a PRIVATE gym club that you pay £$£$Zillions to get through the door (along with the special handshake, high and low 5's etc) then they are allowed to do what they like - you have to abide by their rules. If it is the local leisure centre - then they have to be gender neutral and offer the same for both.
It is a locally run leisure centre - not a private gym. I'm all for separate gender nights - the problem is (as I've already said) is that there's ONLY a women's night and not a men's night. I've not had a reply so I'm gonna write to my MP.

HARRUMPHH !!!!
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

marty wrote:
Jude wrote:now if it is a PRIVATE gym club that you pay £$£$Zillions to get through the door (along with the special handshake, high and low 5's etc) then they are allowed to do what they like - you have to abide by their rules. If it is the local leisure centre - then they have to be gender neutral and offer the same for both.
It is a locally run leisure centre - not a private gym. I'm all for separate gender nights - the problem is (as I've already said) is that there's ONLY a women's night and not a men's night. I've not had a reply so I'm gonna write to my MP.

HARRUMPHH !!!!
Poor Marty
I guess you will have to stand outside chained to a railing with a poster of Male suffragets request men only nights!
:lol: :oops:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Jude wrote:
marty wrote:

HARRUMPHH !!!!
Poor Marty
I guess you will have to stand outside chained to a railing with a poster of Male suffragets request men only nights!
:lol: :oops:
Don't think I'll bother. I'll be door security for the womens night !
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

englishangel wrote: You are very kind, but about 10 years out of date.
even if you stopped being nicely toned at 42, that's still not bad! most women should be so lucky
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

nicely toned at 42??? Thanks Hendrik - I think I lost my tone after a couple of weeks in hospital, and now if I dive into a swimming pool all the water dives out - I can tell you it is a nerve wracking experience - the staff trying to pull you out of an empty pool, the blood flowing from your head, rushing to hospital with the sirenes and lights - hey - try it someday - you get oodles of attention! And no one states - well you are the size of a whale!!!!

:cry: :x :? :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I won't do the 'sunbathing on the beach' joke then, Jude !!
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Hey john - if I did - I would have the entire visable beach to myslef!!! LOL
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Jude wrote:Hey john - if I did - I would have the entire visable beach to myslef!!! LOL
(Thinks.................................... !)
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

J.R. wrote:
Jude wrote:Hey john - if I did - I would have the entire visable beach to myslef!!! LOL
JR I wouldn't think about it AT ALL!!! Far too distressing!!

:lol:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Jude wrote:
J.R. wrote:
JR I wouldn't think about it AT ALL!!! Far too distressing!!

:lol:
That's my evenings entertainment kyboshed, then !
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Anyhow this is getting very boring - if you don't like the gym you are at - then change! Ok it might seem sexist - but then there are a great many things in life that are - so lets change subjects and have something else after all after page1 everybody was writing about something else - so change the title to gyms or excercise or something! I'm bored with this one!