SATS

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Vonny
Button Grecian

SATS

Post by Vonny »

I have recently received my daughters SATS results (Year 2) and I'm confused as to exactly how the marks/grades work. Her actual school report was excellent so I'm not worried about that, I just want to know how the system works. The result slip said that the standard for Year 2 was 2b. Is 2b higher than a 2a or is a 2c higher than a 2a :? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

As far as I`m aware, the "a" is the highest within each section.
2b is the "expected" level that the child of this age should be reaching.
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Thanks MrsC.

My daughter got 3's and one 2a so she is doing well. I was unsure if the 2a was better or worse than the level she should be at. We had no info on how the sysyem works with the individual results, just the final marks and a table on how the school is doing :roll:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

SATS !

Oh dear, here we go again !

In my day Sats came after Fri's which was usually fish and chips day. If you were luck Suns was a nice quiet day.

My teaching cousins have no time for them, describing them as a way for each school to massage its performance figures and takes teachers AWAY from teaching and turns them into administrators. They are both pleased to be retiring shortly !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Parents have the right to withdraw their children from SATs papers if they want. I would echo what J.R says. I would echo what J.R says. I would echo what J.R says. Tee, hee! :D
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
hoob
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by hoob »

My eldest daughters entire annual report is now graded as though it were SATS and I still don't really understand it....

Mind you I did read it with the thought that I was reading the report of another pupil - which isn't really surprising when in the parent/teacher review Jasmine was pulled up for her reading and maths.....she reads books aimed at 12+ and is better at maths than me! (ok so that's not hard)

She's very conscientious (?) and I remember her getting very upset when they were being done (although they weren't meant to know).

Can someone explain Inset days to me, and why the end of this term was on Tuesday and the start of next is on Thursday?
Mike
Mab/MaA 1981 - 1988
Why is there so much month left at the end of my money?
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

hoob wrote:Can someone explain Inset days to me, and why the end of this term was on Tuesday and the start of next is on Thursday?
My daughter broke up on Thursday & goes back on a Tuesday :lol: Then she has the following Friday & Monday off as we are going to Disneyland Paris 8)