Most irritating TV adverts

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Katharine wrote:
sejintenej wrote:I reckon they should spray the most horrible pongs possible, have the woest possible muzak at full blast and have proper signs - to keep my wife's trips to the minimum time and reduce her bills.
How about offering to do the shopping yourself?
"You really don't know how to shop, you're impossible"

is what SWMBO says when I check down the list to ensure that we have what we want and that we don't have too many extra cases of whatever, at half price, is still a rip-off.
shoz
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Most irritating TV adverts

Post by shoz »

Richard Ruck wrote:"Over-tired" - aaarrrrgh! Notice that the brats in question seem to have been locked out of their own house by their parents. Who could possibly blame them? Hopefully they'll be allowed back into the garden once the crocodile pit has been installed.
hope I'm not being too picky but I think you'll find the little cherubs are saying 'oh, they're tired'. It must be the strong northern twang! :)

My least favourite ad at the moment is 'just quote me happy!'

Looks like I have forgotten how to add a quote also. :roll: (Fixed it - Mod :) )
1B1 2B1 3B1 4M 5M
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Re: Most irritating TV adverts

Post by Mrs C. »

shoz wrote:
Richard Ruck wrote:"Over-tired" - aaarrrrgh! Notice that the brats in question seem to have been locked out of their own house by their parents. Who could possibly blame them? Hopefully they'll be allowed back into the garden once the crocodile pit has been installed.
hope I'm not being too picky but I think you'll find the little cherubs are saying 'oh, they're tired'. It must be the strong northern twang! :)

My least favourite ad at the moment is 'just quote me happy!'

Looks like I have forgotten how to add a quote also. :roll: (Fixed it - Mod :) )
It`s these Southerners, Shoz - can`t understand "foreign"!! (not that I`ve ever really noticed what they say - will have to pay more attention in future!!) :)
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

What Northern twang?

Of course it's 'over-tired' that is what parents say when kids get cross if something goes wrong.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

sejintenej wrote:I hate almost all adverts but the one annoying me at the moment is for some skin product endorsed by the British Skin Foundation or somesuch.
I assume that the British Skin Foundation is a subsidiary / clone / offshoot of the advertiser but they don't tell you that. How else would they get anyone to say that their product is better than rubbish - not that I have any intention of trying it.
I saw this ad tonight and thought I would just check the facts.

Of course you wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of a good rant.

http://www.britishskinfoundation.org.uk/
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Annoying adverts

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

Oh dear God, Barry Scott so needs an acid enema!!
If he squeals any louder, he will create a sonic boom. Luckily my 2 year old daughter runs to the tv, blocks the screen and says "you cant see him now daddy!"
What it is to be looked after by your little girl
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

cj wrote:....... Bounty kitchen towels because they soak up loads of liquid and don't rip.
Amazingly, it's true!

As an experiment, we took Bounty kitchen roll's on the boat to France and, yes, we did wash them, wring them out and then re-use (provided they had not been used too often as hankies by anyone with that thick green kind of catarrh .......).

.... made us wonder, though, about their biodegradeableness.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

YYYUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKK
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

englishangel wrote:
sejintenej wrote:I hate almost all adverts but the one annoying me at the moment is for some skin product endorsed by the British Skin Foundation or somesuch.
I assume that the British Skin Foundation is a subsidiary / clone / offshoot of the advertiser but they don't tell you that. How else would they get anyone to say that their product is better than rubbish - not that I have any intention of trying it.
I saw this ad tonight and thought I would just check the facts.

Of course you wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of a good rant.

http://www.britishskinfoundation.org.uk/
Thanks for that, Mary. "Why spoil a good story with a too close regard for the facts?" OK so the BSF says the stuff won't kill you but I have seen reports of other "endorsements" which were not so pukka. I take the view that, if a product needs to be advertised then it can't be very good; saves a lot of money!

It's a bit like the person I met yesterday who cannot understand that she shouldn't reply to the Barclays email effectively asking her to key in her ID, password etc. She thinks I'm totally nuts for advising against because the inward email was signed by Barclays Bank.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Not the same thing at all.

If we didn't see reports about phishing we wouldn't know not to reply to these emails.

We would never find out about anything if they weren't advertised, from car insurance to Woolworth.