New skyscraper in New York

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Is this skyscraper a daft idea?

Yes, Bin Liner will see at as a challenge to his manhood and almost certainly initiate a dastardly scheme to try and knock it over
22%
No, they need more office space in Manhattan what with them 2 other towers being destroyed
11%
Fiona Bruce for Prime Minister!! (Hint: vote for this one)
67%

Total votes: 9

marty
Grecian

New skyscraper in New York

Post by marty »

Anyone seen this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5282810.stm

Am I the only one who thinks this is like a red rag to a bull? Whilst the architects appear keen to list all the extra safety features post 9/11 I can't help feeling that terrorists will interpret this as 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough'. Seriously, why not just have a bloke perched on top of the tower with 2 table tennis bats to guide hijacked planes in?
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: New skyscraper in New York

Post by Mid A 15 »

marty wrote:Anyone seen this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5282810.stm

Am I the only one who thinks this is like a red rag to a bull? Whilst the architects appear keen to list all the extra safety features post 9/11 I can't help feeling that terrorists will interpret this as 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough'. Seriously, why not just have a bloke perched on top of the tower with 2 table tennis bats to guide hijacked planes in?

I see where you are coming from! :lol:

Is it not an admision of defeat to the terrorists though not to build a skyscraper if they think they need it?

I personally prefer that approach to the weaselly words of our Government who on the one hand tell us not to let the threat of terrorism affect our daily lives while on the other hand they clamour to destroy civil liberties by introducing ID cards, biometric databases etc, etc which surely affects our daily lives :!: :twisted:
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

What's gone wrong with my font above? I haven't changed anything and this post is ok!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

You've got big word syndrome. I'd ask Dr J Taylor for help if I were you....
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I voted for the third option. What else ? After all, New York is bl00dy miles away, whereas Fiona............
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.