Worst Actor On The Box.....

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Worst Actor On The Box.....

Post by Mid A 15 »

My nomination is Derek Thompson better known as "Charlie" from Casualty.

Somehow that bloke has made a living for donkeys years from saying "sorry" every other word, the odd facial grimace and a silly walk.

Unbelievable! Any others?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

Keanu Reeves - so wooden it's as if someone has put a chair in front of the camera.
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Re: Worst Actor On The Box.....

Post by Mrs C. »

Mid A 15 wrote:My nomination is Derek Thompson better known as "Charlie" from Casualty
I thought the title of this thread was "worst ACTOR" - Derek Thompson can not be described as an actor, because he doesn`t!!
Totally agree with MId A 15 !!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I'm with Marty on this one.

Daughter (an actress) says Derek Thompson is an excellent actor, and I think he would make an excellent nurse. so there. :P :P
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

I personally think it would have been easier to turn the title around and put Best Actor / Actress...

There are so many mind gooing things on the tv - worse now we have freeview - I just get up and turn the whole lot off at the mains these days - watch what I want - then off it goes - how anyone can praise "Little Brittain" or "The Office" or anyone in it is beyond me - tried to watch each of them and have never moved so fast to hit the off button in all my life!

Perhaps I just don't do comedy - although I really love Victoria Wood, French & Saunders..... Father Ted (RIP)

Another baddie for me is "canned laughter" - kids love "Friends" - I can't stand it (or the simpsons......) I think I had better stop here!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Jude wrote: - kids love "Friends" - I can't stand it!
I`m glad I`m not the only one!!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I am with Jude on 'the Office' etc, 'Friends' are all imposssibly perky, but I do like the simpsons, at least the first time I watch it, unfortuantely mine watch it to the virtual exclusion of all else.

They are nearly 18 so I hope they will grow out of it soon.
Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

I'm 45 and I still like the Simpsons.....

I admire Homer's honesty and integrity - I think it's good for kids to have positive role models.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Mrs C. wrote:
Jude wrote: - kids love "Friends" - I can't stand it!
I`m glad I`m not the only one!!
I've always disliked Friends too - much to the annoyance of Mrs Plum!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Rory wrote:I'm 45 and I still like the Simpsons.....

I admire Homer's honesty and integrity - I think it's good for kids to have positive role models.
I don't mean grow out of the Simpsons, I like it, I mean grwo out of watching the episode they saw just a couple of weeks ago when it is repeated.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Rory wrote:I'm 45 and I still like the Simpsons.....

Homer - a good role model - are you totally crazy??? He is a beer swilling, doughnut eating, mean and lazy git, who not only forfets he has children & a wife to love, but kicks the dog, and expects full control of the tv. Is a total deviant when it comes to fraud, falls asleep at work, and basically is quite possiblly the WORST ROLE model I would EVER suggest.

His honesty and integrity is an oximoronic statement by the way - he has neither.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Jude wrote:I personally think it would have been easier to turn the title around and put Best Actor / Actress...

There are so many mind gooing things on the tv - worse now we have freeview - I just get up and turn the whole lot off at the mains these days - watch what I want - then off it goes - how anyone can praise "Little Brittain" or "The Office" or anyone in it is beyond me - tried to watch each of them and have never moved so fast to hit the off button in all my life!

Perhaps I just don't do comedy - although I really love Victoria Wood, French & Saunders..... Father Ted (RIP)

Another baddie for me is "canned laughter" - kids love "Friends" - I can't stand it (or the simpsons......) I think I had better stop here!
I'm 100% with you on "Friends" :twisted:

My daughters watch it incessantly given the opportunity and it drives me to distraction :evil:

I have to disagree with you about The Office and SOME (not all) of Little Britain.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

Jude wrote:Homer - a good role model - are you totally crazy??? He is a beer swilling, doughnut eating, mean and lazy git, who not only forfets he has children & a wife to love, but kicks the dog, and expects full control of the tv. Is a total deviant when it comes to fraud, falls asleep at work, and basically is quite possiblly the WORST ROLE model I would EVER suggest.
Well - yes I'm a little crazy - but haven't you just described most men???
Most of the attributes you list are common to most men - and of course we have to keep control of the remote - beer, doughnuts, sleep at work ......BRILLIANT.
Actually I was beng a little flippant before - but you know, Homer does love his kids and he always goes back to Marge - the Simpsons nearly always contains a little moral in hte story. Its actually not bad at all......
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

At least the Simpsons doesn't have canned laughter!
My wife adores Friends but I can't watch it because of all the yelling and cheering and laughing. It must be really bad comedy if you must be shown when to laugh
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

I've just had more than enough of "Reality TV"

time for a ban or my BBC licence back I think!