How can your nose...........................................

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Are you listening to music whilst recuperating JR?

The Green, Green, Grass Of Home perhaps :?: :wink:
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:Are you listening to music whilst recuperating JR?

The Green, Green, Grass Of Home perhaps :?: :wink:
Not at the moment, though I do enjoy a good CD.

You could say, 'It's Not Unusual................... '
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

I bought a couple of CDs the other day, they were Feeder's singles collection and Holst's planets suite. For some reason I got a look of amazement from the shop assistant.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

We have a very eclectic collection of CDs/vinyl but tend to buy only one type at a time.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

Is it just me or is it something to do with age but I find that I am very choosy in what I buy now. When I left CH I would buy just about anything with a drum beat, nowadays it has to speak to me before I will buy it
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Well, I've now got the cold. Can you catch them virtually? Not too much snot, you'll all be pleased to hear, but a crashing head. Can't take to my bed though. I've been trumped in the disease/accident stakes by; 1) my mother who fell last week and broke her ankle, requiring a 4 day stay in Derriford hospital and an operation to fit a plate in the bashed limb. I am now operating meals on wheels in the South West. Coming up a close second is no.1 daughter who skidded across the netball court on her face last week. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Plus a day off school. I tried to tell her that all we would get was a tubigrip and an aspirin but she didn't seem to be mollified by this one bit.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

cj wrote:Well, I've now got the cold. Can you catch them virtually? Not too much snot, you'll all be pleased to hear, but a crashing head. Can't take to my bed though. I've been trumped in the disease/accident stakes by; 1) my mother who fell last week and broke her ankle, requiring a 4 day stay in Derriford hospital and an operation to fit a plate in the bashed limb. I am now operating meals on wheels in the South West. Coming up a close second is no.1 daughter who skidded across the netball court on her face last week. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Plus a day off school. I tried to tell her that all we would get was a tubigrip and an aspirin but she didn't seem to be mollified by this one bit.
Sorry Cath - I probably virtually gave it to you yesterday when we spoke - mine is still truly disgusterous. :(
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Scone Lover
Grecian

Post by Scone Lover »

Please tell me disgusterous is a real word!!!! It sounds great.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

cj wrote:Well, I've now got the cold. Can you catch them virtually? Not too much snot, you'll all be pleased to hear, but a crashing head. Can't take to my bed though. I've been trumped in the disease/accident stakes by; 1) my mother who fell last week and broke her ankle, requiring a 4 day stay in Derriford hospital and an operation to fit a plate in the bashed limb. I am now operating meals on wheels in the South West. Coming up a close second is no.1 daughter who skidded across the netball court on her face last week. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Plus a day off school. I tried to tell her that all we would get was a tubigrip and an aspirin but she didn't seem to be mollified by this one bit.
Yes, one of you passed it to me - and I can do without that, thank you very much.
My surgeon warned me that, under no circumstances am I allowed to produce snot and has given me some stuff which stops it very effectively. However, the cold has other effects which are slightly unpleasant (last time it was a rush to hospital for the night) but the doctor has given me stuff which has cleared everything up in 3 days flat. It'll take until March to overcome the side effects!

Off tomorrow to get a flu jab (I hope). Something else I mustn't get!

This cold was starting about the time SWMBO decided to break her nose and try to smash the paving around the pool - another thread for that!
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

You've snot to be joking.....

Does anyone know why you always wake up with one nostril blocked in the morning when you've got a cold??

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

sejintenej wrote:My surgeon warned me that, under no circumstances am I allowed to produce snot and has given me some stuff which stops it very effectively. However, the cold has other effects which are slightly unpleasant (last time it was a rush to hospital for the night) but the doctor has given me stuff which has cleared everything up in 3 days flat. It'll take until March to overcome the side effects!

Off tomorrow to get a flu jab (I hope). Something else I mustn't get!

This cold was starting about the time SWMBO decided to break her nose and try to smash the paving around the pool - another thread for that!
The French health service take colds much more seriously than here! Are they going to amputate the offending snot glands? Or transplant one of yours to SWMBO's mutilated protruberance?

btw what does SWMBO stand for?
jtaylor wrote:Does anyone know why you always wake up with one nostril blocked in the morning when you've got a cold??
Because you wouldn't wake up if both were blocked. TOWLNTYIB (the one who lies next to you in bed) would have smashed your brains in due to violent snoring noises.
Last edited by cj on Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Bine have both been blocked for weeks.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Scone Lover
Grecian

Post by Scone Lover »

Oh for the love of God! How thick am I? I have only just realised why DBTS is posting this way!

Time to go off somewhere and smack my head against a wall to knock some sense into it