Why Is It That Women.....

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

i apprecviate that Jude and i can imagine most parents are like you but i feel some small % do as i suggested and fiddle the school
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Great Plum wrote:
Mrs C. wrote:...or just clever parents???
I think also that compared to 20/30 years ago, that people like to live on credit and beyond their means...
I would change the word in red to HAVE, particularly if families are involved.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

credit???????????
Not allowed that!
have to live on means only!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

its amazing how some people get credit? i wanted an small overdraft for coupleof mths and told no due to the way a/c was operated, i.e never went overdrawn!
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

Out of boredom one day I applied for 12 different cards and not one had a genuine company name as my employer. Within 10 days I had been approved by all 12 card issuers, giving me £42,000 worth of credit. I returned every card and told them all what I had done. None of them did anything to tighten security.
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

you could get a job with trading standards, doing things at home like that to find faults etc!
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Things haven't changed since the time I was a student.
I was a student apprentice, regular income, £7.00 a week, had had an account for some years, and they started with the cheque card, which guaranteed a cheque up to the amount of £30. I applied for one, Nat West, and was turned down. When I asked why I got a letter explaining that since each cheque book had 20 cheques, it was tantamount to giving me a £600 overdraft, and they weren't prepared to do that.
Unfortunately the envelope had the stamp on upside down.
I wrote back to explain that, a) I had had the account for 2 years and had never gone overdrawn, 2) when I got my student grant, they actually wrote to me asking that I open an account with them, despite the fact that they already had my account, 3) I was actually earning more than most of the students they were trying to get to bank with them, and finally, I hoped that the fact that the stamp on the envelope was upside down, was not meant as a sign of disrespect to the Queen.

I was invited to come in and pick up my cheque card.

Its a question of keeping plugging away, although these days they have few decision takers, and they rely on form fillers.
So much for know your customer.
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

blondie95 wrote:you could get a job with trading standards, doing things at home like that to find faults etc!
Now that is a greta idea Amy, thanks. I am going to look into that next week
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

but isn't this the problem these days? Call centres in India - they have no idea of where you are in the UK, who you are, or how many times you have contacted them!

We have lost that "local I know you" feeling - I'm lucky that having been with the same little Bank in Stonehouse for 8 years all the staff know both my daughter and me, same goes with the Post Office - but then you go to another branch and it feels alien!

Customer Service is sadly an oxymoronic statement in most cases.

I could go on & on............ a bit of a soapbox I think!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

I agree Jude, i have had the most horrific weekend with Alliance & Leicester being totally incompetent im now going to write to the ombundsman to get it sorted
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Why is it that companies think that making it harder to talk to them is a good idea
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

englishangel wrote:I don't think so, but there have been comments on other threads about the cars which collect students from school nowadays.
My last year one boy in Col B was going around in what he claimed was his own AC Aceca (smaller version of an original Cobra sports car).
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Mrs C. wrote: It always amazes me how many pupils go on holidays abroad several times a year, have all the latest phones, ipod things, designer clothes, etc etc, yet allegedly pay no fees. (and don`t let me start on the EMA thing!!).

I`m not necessarily saying that more parents can afford full fees, but I`m sure there`s a bit of "fiddling" going on somewhere, by some, to ensure less is paid.
You might recall the row when some UK spectators at the Maxico Olympics were recognised as dole money claimants. Never heard if any enquiry was made as to where they got the money.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I had a letter from natwesy telling them that my £2,000 overdraft (which I am only using a small amount of these days was being extended to £3,000 - this didn't say what the intereest would be etc... it's dangerous and misleading...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

At this rate CH will have to use people to investigate parents