TORNADO !

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

huntertitus
Button Grecian

Post by huntertitus »

I won't say a word
Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

Re: TORNADO !

Post by Ruthie-Baby(old a/c) »

J.R. wrote:Just thought you might be interested to know that the Sussex tornado passed immediately over our heads in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Jan and I were staying with friends on the border of Peacehaven and Telscombe. I was awaked to the most incredible wailing whistling noise, increasing in volume, then dying out almost immediately but followed by an absolute deluge of water.

It wasn't til we turned the TV onto the local news later in the day that we saw pictures of the tornado, (water-spout), coming in from the Channel and working its way along the cliff top before fizzling out before reaching Newhaven.
Wow I was actually in Sussex on Sunday morning - staying in Horsham... the weather wasn't great but I didn't notice a tornado...
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

Could your friends have been the ones that brewed up the tornado?
huntertitus
Button Grecian

Post by huntertitus »

Maybe RR being full of beer let off a fart!
Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

don't think so

the world wasn't even spinning...!
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: TORNADO !

Post by J.R. »

Ruthie-Baby wrote:
J.R. wrote:Just thought you might be interested to know that the Sussex tornado passed immediately over our heads in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Jan and I were staying with friends on the border of Peacehaven and Telscombe. I was awaked to the most incredible wailing whistling noise, increasing in volume, then dying out almost immediately but followed by an absolute deluge of water.

It wasn't til we turned the TV onto the local news later in the day that we saw pictures of the tornado, (water-spout), coming in from the Channel and working its way along the cliff top before fizzling out before reaching Newhaven.
Wow I was actually in Sussex on Sunday morning - staying in Horsham... the weather wasn't great but I didn't notice a tornado...
Apparently, as soon as it made land over Telscombe Cliffs, it rapidly fizzled out.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

that would explain it then
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97