COLDS

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Scone Lover
Grecian

COLDS

Post by Scone Lover »

I have a cold so it is official, I am dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do we have to suffer such useless things as colds. And where the hell does the word Cold come from? I am usually too damn hot when I have a cold so how does that work?

Okay whinge and moan over with, I thank you

I have had this damn thing for 5 days now which is way too long in my book.

Seriously though a scientific description of a cold and an authoritative definition of the word cold would be great.
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

apparently 3days of getting a cold, 3dayswith it and 3days gettin over it so you only have 4 days left!

I hav thus far (touch wood-so touching my head) not had a cold yet, everone else im by dept at work has but ive been sitting there with the window wide open hoping to make them all go out of window!
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

blondie95 wrote:apparently 3days of getting a cold, 3dayswith it and 3days gettin over it so you only have 4 days left!

I hav thus far (touch wood-so touching my head) not had a cold yet, everone else im by dept at work has but ive been sitting there with the window wide open hoping to make them all go out of window!
sounds like you`ve got a cold Amy!

Who? your colleagues??
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

Had 'flu jab for aged persons on Wednesday, On Friday evening, having spent the day working in a charity shop, I developed a stinker of a cold. Where's the justice in that? Sean ,accept my deepest sympathy.
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

Mrs C. wrote:
blondie95 wrote:apparently 3days of getting a cold, 3dayswith it and 3days gettin over it so you only have 4 days left!

sounds like you`ve got a cold Amy!

Who? your colleagues??
well it would be nice if i could make my collegues go out the window but alas no the germs!
Scone Lover
Grecian

Post by Scone Lover »

That sounds like a Dr Hoskins flu jab to me Margret. One jab and you are certain to get the ailment. I volunteered for one every year at CH
Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

Post by Ruthie-Baby(old a/c) »

why?
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97