We have adopted.........................

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

One errant pet returned, just need Munch's cat to make an appearance now.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

cj wrote:One errant pet returned, just need Munch's cat to make an appearance now.
As I type, snooozing on our bed , looking very full and plumptious with his soul mate, Riagan, who he has just given a complete wash !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Phew, JR and Jan!
I can sense your relief! It must have been a very worrying time. Maybe he ducked into a shed to escape some rain or something....so I bet he was hungry when he came home! How did Raigan react?
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Toby and Sally!

Post by Angela Woodford »

So glad Toby is home!!!! And enjoying his favourite food!

Barbara it does seem strange that Sally - a brilliant family pet - should leave home and live in a neighbour's garden. Who fed her then?

I confess that when my children were babies, our cat Tosca (operatic miaow) would sleep in their crib - always at the other end. Well, I maintain that the sound of her purr was soothing for them. What would the Health Visitor have said? I shudder to think.

Still no sign of Jasmine. Still hoping.

Munch
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Munch -
Sally lived in the neighbour's garden..... but ate any food I put out for her, then sodded off - that has to be the epitome of disdain ! Apparently the neighbour also fed her now and again, which may explain the longevity...

Hope your moggy appears soon - although she may be waiting for the rain to stop...

B.
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

kerrensimmonds wrote:Phew, JR and Jan!
I can sense your relief! It must have been a very worrying time. Maybe he ducked into a shed to escape some rain or something....so I bet he was hungry when he came home! How did Raigan react ?
He's a lot happier noe he's getting his normal face washes from Toby again.
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

there's no real (printable) answer to that one...
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Re: Toby and Sally!

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Angela Woodford wrote:I confess that when my children were babies, our cat Tosca (operatic miaow) would sleep in their crib - always at the other end. Well, I maintain that the sound of her purr was soothing for them. What would the Health Visitor have said? I shudder to think.

Munch
Hi Munch

When Jess was a baby I found Peegee (siamese) wrapped around the crown of her head - both of them blissfully asleep in the bassinet.

Never mind what The Health Visitor would have said, what about my Mum?????????????? 'I told you that you had to keep the cat away from her. I told you that cats smother babies. I told you ............................'

xx
Caroline Payne (nee Barrett)
Hertford 6.20 1965-70

Adelaide, dear Adelaide; where the water is foul, but the wines more than make up for it.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Toby and Sally!

Post by J.R. »

icomefromalanddownunder wrote:
Angela Woodford wrote:I confess that when my children were babies, our cat Tosca (operatic miaow) would sleep in their crib - always at the other end. Well, I maintain that the sound of her purr was soothing for them. What would the Health Visitor have said? I shudder to think.

Munch
Hi Munch

When Jess was a baby I found Peegee (siamese) wrapped around the crown of her head - both of them blissfully asleep in the bassinet.

Never mind what The Health Visitor would have said, what about my Mum?????????????? 'I told you that you had to keep the cat away from her. I told you that cats smother babies. I told you ............................'

xx
A classic old-wives tale, along with bats getting stuck in your hair !
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Cats won't be found anywhere near a baby once the child has woken and allowed full vent to its lung capacity. When we brought Cora home from hospital, Tansy (the male cat with a female name and a huge gender crisis) was immediately found in her Moses basket next to our bed. Once he had met her face to face, he was singularly unimpressed with the new addition to the household, and only returned for his meals. "What do you think this place is? An hotel?" She on the other hand has been wonderful with him as she's grown, unlike some of her contemporaries that came to visit, and he likewise has adjusted marvellously. She is so quiet and calm around animals, no tail pulling etc, just stroking and cooing noises. I think she really understands that if you want an animal to come to you, you have to be still and patient. It's lovely to watch.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Still missing -

Thank you very much for this, Kerren. Absolutely astonishing!!!!

Jasmine still has not come home. When I think how she would creep onto my lap and dribble... look out of her cave basket... hide in corners - I think she may have hidden in a corner where a door was then closed on her. But nobody has found a trapped cat!

Munch
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

A Changed Personality!

Nearly four months at the dolls' house and Ferdinand is willing only to venture out for very short periods under cover of darkness! Just once in daylight, when I was doing some planting of the turfed-but-bare back garden, he emerged from the back door, examined the hole I had just dug, peed in it and then scuttled back in.

It's meant that we have had to dig out the old litter tray and place it in the downstairs cloakroom. Far from being the elegant little boudoir I was planning, it's now the poodoir. :roll:

Ferds has become much more vocal, with an entire new range of brrps, trills and yowls. His begging-for-breakfast miaow has become a penetrating wail. He lies in my path, eyes huge,squirming to have his tummy tickled. To think how he would terrify and taunt a neighbour's huge collie! How he would defend his territory, romp with the kitten next door and aggravate an elderly cat-hating man by posing on the roof of his greenhouse! ("bl**dy cat, get off.... :goingmad:")

Now he is an adorable indoor pet.

I feel sure he'll get more venturesome as the weather gets warmer with doors and windows left open - when I've planted more cover in which for him to lurk - when there are sunny places for tummy-toasting.

I hope so!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: We have adopted.........................

Post by J.R. »

We lost our last remaing Chinchilla neuter boy last week. Tralula Trojan Warrior, (Penfold to his friends.)

He was just short of his eighteenth birthday, when his back legs suddenly failed in the morning and he was quietly put to sleep the same evening to prevent any suffering.

He is now laid to rest in our garden beside his sister and mother.
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

In Memoriam

JR, I'm so sorry to hear the news about Penfold.

Such a beautiful cat who'd had a distinguished career! And a terrific pet as well. He must have had a happy life and a peaceful old age.

Love and thoughts, Angela