It's almost here again...ho ho ho

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

( so I'm beeing pìcky and grumpy - privilege of age ! )
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

I have a small very bright pink tree for desk at work! and its very tasteful when mixed in with others-no fluffyness! even i think that would be tacky, and when i get my own car i want either pink accessorioes or leopard print ones
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

We gotout of the habit of having a Christmas tree- the first year we were in this house (1985) we had two young cats continually climbing up it. Didn't start the habit again until the last cat died. Now we have a tiny one on the hall table, with the usual baubles, but also a couple of decorations embroidered by a friend. All very tasteful! Usually stay there from a week before THE DAY until Jan 6, unless I can't tand the sight of them before that
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

blondie95 wrote:I have a small very bright pink tree for desk at work! and its very tasteful when mixed in with others-no fluffyness! even i think that would be tacky, and when i get my own car i want either pink accessorioes or leopard print ones
I really cant think of a printable comment on this.... except a large sigh
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

that's Barbie ( :oops: Amy) for you.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

blondie95 wrote:I have a small very bright pink tree for desk at work! and its very tasteful when mixed in with others-no fluffyness! even i think that would be tacky, and when i get my own car i want either pink accessorioes or leopard print ones
I love it! I want a very small, pink, fluffy Amy to adorn the top of my tree this Christmas.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

I am not a barbie! Its all done tastefully my interest in pink and done in a fun way rather than tacky!

I shall take picture when tree goes up and get it posted on here so you can all see
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

DavebytheSea wrote:
I love it! I want a very small, pink, fluffy Amy to adorn the top of my tree this Christmas.
I'm sure she would have a very 'surprised' look on her face !!! :oops:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

absolutly, thats the second time in two christmas someone has said to me that they would like me at the top of their tree! (last time i was dressed all in pink as a christmas fairy)
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

J.R. wrote:
DavebytheSea wrote:
I'm sure she would have a very 'surprised' look on her face !!! :oops:
...... and, no doubt, a dictionary in her hand.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

ho ho ho

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Here the southern (but not most southern) state of the Great Southern Land it is 'tradition' to put up the Christmas decorations on the day of the city's Christmas Pageant, which takes place on .............................

the first or second Saturday in NOVEMBER.

There is one particularly objectionable (to me) house which I pass on my way home from work - the entire outside of the house, including roof, is festooned with flashing lights of many different colours.

It was still in the high 30s on Tuesday as I drove home at close to midnight. The car I have hired from Rent-A-Wreck has no air con, and said house did nothing to raise my spirits :lol:

I have some stylish Villeroy and Bosch, and less stylish but appropriate to our family Hallmark, decorations which will be strung from a eucalypt branch around 21/12, and which, hopefully, will not break when my daughter's greyhound catches the branch with her very long, whip-like, tail in passing. She's a happy dog, so her tail wags a lot, and vigorously.
However, this plan presupposes that we will have some trees which are still alive by then - many are already falling victim to the drought we are experiencing.

Gosh, what a bah humbug mood I am in today :wink:
Caroline Payne (nee Barrett)
Hertford 6.20 1965-70

Adelaide, dear Adelaide; where the water is foul, but the wines more than make up for it.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: ho ho ho

Post by sejintenej »

icomefromalanddownunder wrote:Here it is 'tradition' to put up the Christmas decorations on the day of the city's Christmas Pageant, which takes place on ......
the first or second Saturday in NOVEMBER.

There is one particularly objectionable (to me) house which I pass on my way home from work - the entire outside of the house, including roof, is festooned with flashing lights of many different colours.
One week before Christmas is enough for me - they never ever go up here before the last Monday in the teens of December.

In the outer "East End" there are a lot of house lit up like that with what is generally tat. Entire houses are submerged with sleighs, reindeer, stars and all sorts of unmentionables (down JR - none of your :offtopic: here) I heard of one such whose electricity bill was £10K for such illuminations.
icomefromalanddownunder wrote: this plan presupposes that we will have some trees which are still alive by then - many are already falling victim to the drought we are experiencing.

Gosh, what a bah humbug mood I am in today :wink:

We've heard about your drought and fires - I don't think anyone wishes you anything but good luck and plenty of soft rain.,
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Re: ho ho ho

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

sejintenej wrote:We've heard about your drought and fires - I don't think anyone wishes you anything but good luck and plenty of soft rain.,

Very many thanks.

We've managed to secure some hay at a reasonable price, so at least have feed for the animals for the next few months.

Happy December Each and Everyone of Us :)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Christmas decs go up in our house the week or so before Christmas...

I never feel really Chrismassy until I see Maypoles to Mistletoe!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Great Plum wrote:Christmas decs go up in our house the week or so before Christmas...

I never feel really Chrismassy until I see Maypoles to Mistletoe!
Chrismassy when you see Maypoles? They are part of a fertility rite (that's when the girls show that they lack attachments by playing on the village green) and should come out about 9 months before Christmas, you h***y so'n so.

Divert alert; JR's coming.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!