We have done this before

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Re: We have done this before

Post by mvgrogan »

Jo wrote:
englishangel wrote: All you need to do is store the number of a contact person under the name "ICE". If you have more than one contact simply enter ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc. Emergency personnel would then be able to contact the right person by simply dialling the number you have stored as "ICE".
It's just a small point, and maybe it's to do with the age of my phone, but I found if you store the same number with two different names (eg "husband" and "ICE"), the phone just displays the number when that person calls, because it doesn't know which of the two names to display. I also lost the special ringtone I had set up for my parter, again because it was just associated with his name and I forgot to associate it with the number as "ICE" (if any of that makes sense!).

It took me ages to work out what had happened, and why I no longer got my partner's name and ringtone when he called me. Now, to avoid it happening again, I've introduced another step into the process, which hopefully doesn't complicate things too much. I have stored "ICE=Chris" as a phrase, with no number attached, and if necessary the emergency services can then find Chris's name and make the call that way.

Just in case anyone else tries the same thing and can't puzzle out what's going on!!
Jo - no need to put them in twice... my hubby's entry reads "ICE Jarmo" so all his details are under that entry just the once. Both his office numbers (landline & mobile) and his own mobile are all listed under that entry so the emergency services could try them all!
sejintenej wrote:
Jo wrote: All you need to do is store the number of a contact person under the name "ICE". If you have more than one contact simply enter ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc. Emergency personnel would then be able to contact the right person by simply dialling the number you have stored as "ICE".
Doing a bit of research for Maria Grogan I found a Marc Laurence from Finland when he did a pilgrimage in Aquitaine years ago. However, the article in a French publication for pilgrims, emphasised exactly what Jo has written above to the exctent that it is very close to what she has written including the numbers . Apparently ICE is now understood and looked for by the rescue services in many countries; you don't need a French /German/..... equivalent.
Sej - thank you, any luck? Odd that I looked at this topic today when I never have before.... must by psychic.. :rolleyes:
Maria Vatanen nee Grogan 6's (6:12) 81-85 BaB (BaB48) 85-87
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: We have done this before

Post by sejintenej »

re Marc Laurence
mvgrogan wrote: Sej - thank you, any luck? Odd that I looked at this topic today when I never have before.... must by psychic.. :rolleyes:
More detailed reply by PM but no appparent luck with the one you want.
David