Weddings...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Weddings...

Post by Great Plum »

So far this year I have been invited to 7 weddings (!!) - is this a record?

Three are for Old Blues:
Paul Stevenson: (MaB: 1994-5 / MidB: 1995-99)
Matt Holladay: (Mab: 1991-94 / MidA: 1994-98)
and our very own
Ruth Tyrell: (Colb: 1990 - 97)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Weddings...

Post by J.R. »

Going to be an expensive year then, Matt.

I suggest you purchase a bulk supply of toasters. Must be cheaper that way !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Congratulations, Ruth! :D
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

That's great news - especially for Ruth. Explains the absence from the forum! Can you wear the same outfit to all 7 events? And will Mrs Plum be wearing a hat?
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

He is a bloke, of course he can, maybe swap between 2 ties for those who are also going to the same 7 events :lol:
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

as 1 wedding invitation but its in Rhodes in July so not sure if i will make however am attending the hen do (day at spa, dinner and going to see Dirty Dancing in the west end).
I will however be getting into the planning of my wedding for Nov 09! So far i have located church and venue (having decided to move location from Kent back to Horsham) just need to talk the bf round to the church wedding thing!
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Not planning to marry in the School Chapel, then, Amy....?
Do keep us posted with your plans as you move towards the big day.....NEXT YEAR. Not far off!
Kerren
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

cj wrote:That's great news - especially for Ruth. Explains the absence from the forum! Can you wear the same outfit to all 7 events? And will Mrs Plum be wearing a hat?
Yes, Ruth is marrying Mum's bridesmaid's son which is all very random...

I will probably wear the same suit - apart from the first wedding next month - that's black tie!

Mrs Plum does have 2 hats I believe...
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

kerrensimmonds wrote:Not planning to marry in the School Chapel, then, Amy....?
Do keep us posted with your plans as you move towards the big day.....NEXT YEAR. Not far off!
Kerren
although i am allowed to the thought of marrying in chapel makes me come over with palptations....at the moment the gust list for the ceremony is 72 now that would rattle in chapel! The plan is Itchingfield church and then reception as Mannings Heath Hotel.
No its not far away and although i have been thinking about it since the proposal in July i am now getting the bf fully geared up and some serious decisions will need to be made soon!
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

blondie95 wrote:
Kerren
although i am allowed to the thought of marrying in chapel makes me come over with palptations....at the moment the gust list for the ceremony is 72 now that would rattle in chapel! The plan is Itchingfield church and then reception as Mannings Heath Hotel.
No its not far away and although i have been thinking about it since the proposal in July i am now getting the bf fully geared up and some serious decisions will need to be made soon!
Itchingfield is a lovely church for a wedding (speaking from personal experience).

Bit worried about your "gusts", though...... :wink:
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Have you noticed that when Amy gets excited (obviously at the thought of her wedding) her spelling deteriorates?

I think I have only been to about 10 weddings in my entire life, never mind seven in a year.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Countdown 10 months

Post by Angela Woodford »

My daughter Susannah has been perusing myriad glossy brides' magazines lavished on her by her best friend Laura, now officially known as "Bridezilla".

I can hardly express how things are taking off in the planning dept. Will the walls of the "venue" co-ordinate with the colours of the bridesmaids' dresses? Susannah has reduced her choice of Dress down to four now. I have to go to Yorkshire soon for a mammoth trying-on session with Other Mother, Bridezilla and various other friends-and-rels.

I'll be expected to attempt the whole fabulous mother of the bride thing. There is not a hat in creation that has ever suited my face - oh bogger it - Other Mother has bagged wearing a "fascinator".

And the wedding's not till October 31! I've already had the broomstick, fangs and pointy hat jokes... :evil:

Practising being a lean mean mother-in-law machine -

Munch
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

blondie95 wrote:
Kerren
Mrs Plum didn't want to get married in the chapel due to the sheer size of it - and walking down through rows of empty pews...
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

Great Plum wrote:
blondie95 wrote:
Kerren
Mrs Plum didn't want to get married in the chapel due to the sheer size of it - and walking down through rows of empty pews...
i quite agree Plum i love chapel buts its huuuuuge and i would spend most of it walking down an empty aisle.

I have discovered myself and my cousin have a thing for planning, co-ordinating and potentially making things...maybe we should change careers!
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

Sigh..... I'd love to have a wedding (though I'd be a nervous wreck worrying that everything would go to plan). The opportunity to have all your favourite people, all your favourite music, all your favourite food, dress up and look halfway respectable... the trouble is, I don't actually want to be married at the end of it. Himself would willingly marry me (am I the only person who's actually laughed (by mistake) at a marriage proposal? Oops :oops: )

Perhaps we should have a non-wedding if we're still together in 2010 - that will be 10 years together.
Jo
5.7, 1967-75