Weddings...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

gma
Grecian

Re: Weddings...

Post by gma »

Thank you to all post wedding post postees - what a lovely bunch you all are!! :D
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

what a fantastic account of the day, had me smiling through out!

Im in the midst of bridesmaid dresses....its this time of year the wedding next year so the right sort of dresses in the shop! Getting 3 ladies from across the country to go find one dress.....very dificult!
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

wow - it has taken me over an hour to skip a bit read a bit, skip a bit and read a bit to get to this page! Munch, your account was wonderful. I just hope that when I become the Devil incarnate of a M I L (son engaged...argh...no telling for taste!) I will live up to the title, and should DD get married I will no doubt beggar myself in order that she has the best she can have.

I did the wedding cake and all the food for my wedding.... looking back it was somewhat fortuitous as had we spent a small fortune on the event, the divorce would have been even more horrendous... But like Amy, I went down the Aisle thinking that this was it for the rest of my life...

So when are we going to see the pictures????

As for 7 weddings in one year Plum - you must be on a lot of peoples Xmas card list! I don't think I have been to that many in my life - hang on.... (counting)...nope - 5 including my own.

Amy - make sure you try everything on and have pictures taken BEFORE the day - simply because as the Bride it will flash past in a few seconds, and you will be left wondering the next day what happened. Try to get some extra people to take video as well so you can sit and watch proceedings - other than walking down the aisle (got my heel stuck in the grating at the edge argh!) I remember nothing until the signing of the register, where the DH managed to gradually pull my hair, veil, and all the hair grips and headpiece back causing a yelping sound from me....next it was into the "garden area" for photo's - hmm it was raining, and my heels now sank into the ground - if you look at the photo's you can see where I got lower and lower as the photographer got on with his job!!! By then I was cold and wet (October wedding!), and we then got back to the flat where we lived, only to have about 35 people already in there and the not quite bolinger champers being passed around - another photo shoot of the cake being cut (yes I made it as well!) and the next thing was us in my Da's car going to Gatwick airport to get the plane to Greece - by the Wednesday I had asked for a divorce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ooooooops! :oops: :oops: :oops: It was probably just the stress of the wedding, planning it and executing it ourselves (hmm now what DID he do???? ).

Since then 2 weddings - and a lot more funerals sadly.

So what are the memoirs of others who have gone through the "process"????
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

I got married in France in the "mairie"...20 minutes and that was it! The 4 hours meal that followed in a swish hotel was pretty fun though!

Sadly no honeymoon as Mrs F was with child and only 2 months away....
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Jude wrote:wow - it has taken me over an hour to skip a bit read a bit, skip a bit and read a bit to get to this page! Munch, your account was wonderful. I just hope that when I become the Devil incarnate of a M I L (son engaged...argh...no telling for taste!) I will live up to the title, and should DD get married I will no doubt beggar myself in order that she has the best she can have.

I did the wedding cake and all the food for my wedding.... looking back it was somewhat fortuitous as had we spent a small fortune on the event, the divorce would have been even more horrendous... But like Amy, I went down the Aisle thinking that this was it for the rest of my life...

So when are we going to see the pictures????

As for 7 weddings in one year Plum - you must be on a lot of peoples Xmas card list! I don't think I have been to that many in my life - hang on.... (counting)...nope - 5 including my own.

Amy - make sure you try everything on and have pictures taken BEFORE the day - simply because as the Bride it will flash past in a few seconds, and you will be left wondering the next day what happened. Try to get some extra people to take video as well so you can sit and watch proceedings - other than walking down the aisle (got my heel stuck in the grating at the edge argh!) I remember nothing until the signing of the register, where the DH managed to gradually pull my hair, veil, and all the hair grips and headpiece back causing a yelping sound from me....next it was into the "garden area" for photo's - hmm it was raining, and my heels now sank into the ground - if you look at the photo's you can see where I got lower and lower as the photographer got on with his job!!! By then I was cold and wet (October wedding!), and we then got back to the flat where we lived, only to have about 35 people already in there and the not quite bolinger champers being passed around - another photo shoot of the cake being cut (yes I made it as well!) and the next thing was us in my Da's car going to Gatwick airport to get the plane to Greece - by the Wednesday I had asked for a divorce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ooooooops! :oops: :oops: :oops: It was probably just the stress of the wedding, planning it and executing it ourselves (hmm now what DID he do???? ).

Since then 2 weddings - and a lot more funerals sadly.

So what are the memoirs of others who have gone through the "process"????

Just seen this... yes, the number of weeddings wa smad but I don't think we have any to go to this year... probably a good thing with Plum Junior on his or her way!

As for the day flashing past, I remember saying to Angie at the end of our wedding day how time had slowed for me - both Angie and I thought we were able to really savour the day and speak to who we wanted to etc... Maybe it was a brilliant best man, effecient organising or what, I don't know!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Arjan ---- I have persuaded my Wife to give me the phonetic wishes for your Wedding in theThai language ---
I have no idea what they mean -- but since she was a Missionary there, on the Burma Border, I assume they are not RUDE !

Here goes ---CHOCK DI WAN TENGAN !

From myself --- the very best of happiness and long life for you both !
I look forward to many more of your Posts --- If you now have the time !
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:CHOCK DI WAN TENGAN !

From myself --- the very best of happiness and long life for you both !
I look forward to many more of your Posts --- If you now have the time !
Thank you very much, Neill!

"Good luck for your wedding day"

Just over a month to go...
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

Just over a month to go...
So I'm guessing that we are all pretty familiar with the groom's stag party etc in UK, what is going to be different out in Thailand (- or for anyone anywhere else as long as not in UK for that matter!) What will you be getting married in, Thai silks or buttoned up Brit or.....? :sherlock: :D
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Mentioned already somewhere else, but just for you, Gerrie...

Gold silk suit (mandarin-style jacket), crimson sash over right shoulder.

Modest but rather fetching, if I say so myself.

Stag party? There's no best man, so to be honest, I'm hoping it might get overlooked. I dread to think what a Thailand stag night might entail!
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Hope you will post some photos, Philip...
The gold suit with the red sash sounds incredibly fetching.
Do you know what Mrs Ajarn will be wearing?
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Many superstitions in Thailand, but seeing the bride in her dress before the wedding isn't one of them! She will look stunning. I'm sure a photo or two will be floating around somewhere on line...
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

28th March! Not long to go Philip! Exciting! :D :D :D
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Yes, and on top of everything else SWIRBSWMBO adopted a puppy the other day. At first I thought we were just taking care of it for a day, then I discovered it was a permanent commitment. 4 days later, I'm chuffed to bits. The pup's name is Pat Thai (a national dish) and she is an absolute delight and a constant source of entertainment. I do, however, suspect that in a year's time she will be quite large... (her paws are out of all proportion to everything but her belly!)
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

(Instant automatic switch into wedding mode) Pat Thai! - adorable in a co-ordinating colour bow as brides-puppy!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

What make of puppy, Philip? Can you post a picture? AAhhh!
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966