Just a glimpse...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: Just a glimpse...

Post by sejintenej »

Ajarn Philip wrote:Adobe Acrobat. Doesn't that do high wire tricks with photos or something? :?
As Kerren writes, it is a document type of file; the document looks like it came off your printer, illustrations and all. However it does more than that; you can make the page bigger or smaller (imagine trying to get an A3 sheet of paper on your screen!) and it can be indexed on the side with minatures of each page allowing you to move across a 50 page document easily. I recommend that you get the reader because you WILL come across such files.

http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/otherversions/

I've given this page because I don't know what operating system you have; if you don't know it will be on the "help" menu as "about" or something like that. The reader (for Adobe Acrobat files) is free of charge. I personally would have no worries about downloading from this site and running the install program which it gives you.
HTH
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

PDF stands for: portable document format !
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

This thread is educational as well as entertaining!
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Doing without Classic FM ???
The mind boggles --- my car radio is permanently so-tuned !!!

I prefer Radio 4 for news etc. but, as I have said before, I tend to switch off "Humphries" because of his habit of interrupting interviewees, to get HIS point of view displayed ------ why have an interviewee ??
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Where have all the rebels gone?

For crying out loud, what's that ginger-headed twit whose name temporarily escapes me doing on Radio 2? Is he really today's version of Jimmy Young or Terry Wogan? (Evans? Owen?)

I was listening to Just A Minute earlier on. That's as good as ever. Nicholas Parsons is still going - he might start to grow on me one day.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Ajarn Philip wrote:Where have all the rebels gone?

For crying out loud, what's that ginger-headed twit whose name temporarily escapes me doing on Radio 2? Is he really today's version of Jimmy Young or Terry Wogan? (Evans? Owen?)

I was listening to Just A Minute earlier on. That's as good as ever. Nicholas Parsons is still going - he might start to grow on me one day.

A bit like athletes foot then, Phil ? :oops:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Ajarn Philip wrote:Where have all the rebels gone?

Chris Evens, and he's grey now and was in Atlanta commentating on the Masters Golf.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Evans?
I thought he was pretty well shaved, but he was ginger to start with...and the big glasses
Kerren Simmonds
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

:lol: :lol: Get your reading glasses on, Kerren - "ginger-headed, not ginger-bearded!

(The fact that I should have said ginger-haired is neither here nor hair...)
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Come on Phil... false accusation?! I can't find anywhere that I described the 'wonderful' (ha ha) Chris Evans as ginger 'bearded'. If I did, I apologise, unreservedly and with huge grovels.
Kerren Simmonds
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Yes, Evans, typo I'm afraid.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

And ginger head or ginger beard? I think the former rather than the latter.... but this should not distract us from Phil's enthusiasm and excitement about his new PC and its capabilities, including access to BBC radio.....
Kerren Simmonds
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

kerrensimmonds wrote:Come on Phil... false accusation?! I can't find anywhere that I described the 'wonderful' (ha ha) Chris Evans as ginger 'bearded'. If I did, I apologise, unreservedly and with huge grovels.
J'accuse!

No, it was an implication only, and obviously one that I misunderstood! Allow me to elucidate: I took the following comment as a response to my description of Mr Evans as 'ginger-headed'...
kerrensimmonds wrote:Evans? I thought he was pretty well shaved, but he was ginger to start with...and the big glasses
Explain yourself, Simmonds, this instant!
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Ha!
I meant bare headed not bare chinned....
Kerren Simmonds
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Ajarn Philip wrote:
kerrensimmonds wrote:Come on Phil... false accusation?! I can't find anywhere that I described the 'wonderful' (ha ha) Chris Evans as ginger 'bearded'. If I did, I apologise, unreservedly and with huge grovels.
J'accuse!

No, it was an implication only, and obviously one that I misunderstood! Allow me to elucidate: I took the following comment as a response to my description of Mr Evans as 'ginger-headed'...
kerrensimmonds wrote:Evans? I thought he was pretty well shaved, but he was ginger to start with...and the big glasses
Explain yourself, Simmonds, this instant!

Being pedantic, actually he is WHITE HAIRED, but dies his hair back to it's original 'ginger' colour !!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.