Philip and Thailand

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Philip and Thailand

Post by Mid A 15 »

Firstly I hope that Philip's health problems are improving.

Secondly I hope that he sufficiently far from Bangkok to be safe from the escalating difficulties and violence.

If you see this Phil and feel up to it let us know how things are.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
midget
Button Grecian

Re: Philip and Thailand

Post by midget »

Seconded. We miss your enjoyable comments on life in general and in the exotic East in particular.
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Post by Spoonbill »

Good god, I'd forgotten that Mr Pip was in the Land of Smiles/Land of Burning Tyres & Petrol Bombs.

One sincerely hopes that neither he nor his friends have fallen victim to any military thuggery and that no Molotov cocktails have accidentally winged their way in through his open windows.

Sir Harcourt Courtly with his brocaded smoking jacket on fire? Heaven forbid.
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

I've heard from Philip. No mention of being in peril. He's a long way from Bangkok!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

How is his health, Angela?
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Angela Woodford wrote:I've heard from Philip. No mention of being in peril. He's a long way from Bangkok!
I'm pleased to read he is well away from the trouble.

As Midget says any news regarding his health?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Well, well, look what I found! It makes a big difference to know someone's thinking of you, so my sincere thanks.

The lymphoma seems to be under control, but unfortunately various other components keep malfunctioning. The latest major problem is chronic lower back pain for the last 6 weeks or so, a swollen foot and a numb left leg. Severely restricted mobility, using a stick and/or a wheelchair, sleeping in a reclining chair because I can't get up if I lie down... all a bit tiresome. I'm still teaching (and the university has been incredibly supportive), for the time being at least, although I'm reliant on Bee to get me to the classroom! She has been a revelation for which I thank my lucky stars!
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

It's great to hear from you again Philip, even if the news is a bit mixed. It's good news about the lymphona though. Please keep us up to date with news of your progress; I think we were all quite anxious to know how you were doing :goodman:
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Hello Phil... even those of us who did not know you in person (e.g. Hertford ladies) are rooting for you! I am pleased that you are coping and that the University is being supportive. Long may it last, and may things come under control for you very quickly. Fingers crossed, and prayers as appropriate.
In my case, my University purchased a mobility scooter after I broke my hip in 2002, and I did not use it for real until last year. I could not now do my job without it (although I am still a tad embarrassed about using it). It's good to see when employers value their employees.
Hang in there, and stay as well as you can!
Along with everyone else, I did enjoy your postings of life (and marriage) in Thailand. Glad to know you are safe. Please keep in touch with your Old Blue friends.
Kerren
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

kerrensimmonds wrote:Hello Phil... even those of us who did not know you in person (e.g. Hertford ladies) are rooting for you!
Hang in there, and stay as well as you can!
Along with everyone else, I did enjoy your postings of life (and marriage) in Thailand. Glad to know you are safe. Please keep in touch with your Old Blue friends.
Kerren
Hear, Hear! Looking forward to your updates, and wishing you all the very best.
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

I hope your problems are sorted PDQ.
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

kerrensimmonds wrote: ... my University purchased a mobility scooter after I broke my hip in 2002 ...
I'll settle for one of those walking stick clips mentioned by Angela on another thread!!
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

I think of Philip every time that I prod a miserably rock-solid chilled mango or pineapple; having been seduced by his accounts of glorious luscious exotic fruit There...
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""