Ahoy There...................

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Ahoy There...................

Post by J.R. »

.................PIRATES !

Is it just me and my suspicious mind, or am I being highly cynical ??

Two hostages held for ransom by Somali pirates, (allegedly), return safe and sound and looking fit and well to Blighty after more than a year in 'captivity' !!

1 - They've got their yacht back - One would have thought the said 'pirates' would have kept/sold it. (Not much intelligence there, then !)

2 - A mysterious, anonymous Somali taxi driver brokers a 'deal' to get the ransom paid to secure their release.

3 - It transpires, (allegedly), that two of the said 'pirates' have applied for assylum in Britain and already have relatives living her !! AMAZING.

Use the following four words in a sentence that make up a well known phrase or saying.........

'OF' 'ROTTEN' 'DENMARK' and 'STATE'.......

(That completes the case for the prosecution, your Honour !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
DavidRawlins
Button Grecian

Re: Ahoy There...................

Post by DavidRawlins »

I have heard of an English captain who thinks that there may be complicity; how, otherwise, could they climb onto some of the vessels they capture?
Col A 1946-1953
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Re: Ahoy There...................

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

I think If TBA and I, had spent a year in Somalia, I would have been "complicit" it ANYTHING to get out !!!

What say you ?