Doris Grant loaf

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Re: Doris Grant loaf

Post by englishangel »

"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

David, the 'new fangled mincer jobbie' may do a wonderful job of chopping onions etc, but the time and effort saved is more than offset by the chore of washing it up - no dishwasher in this house - except me!

I confess I have just bought a jar of Tesco cheapest Value Runny Honey and poured it into a previously saved squirty bottle from Waitrose!!
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Fjgrogan wrote: I confess I have just bought a jar of Tesco cheapest Value Runny Honey and poured it into a previously saved squirty bottle from Waitrose!!
Makes a lot sense to me - you get as much as you want and no spoon to wash later (wasting honey unless you licked it first.
On another tack do you remember those TV adverts for washing up liquid where one squirt is enough for half the town? Fine, it wasn't a con (I'm told) but you would never get the same because (alledgedly) the makers put a far bigger hole in the supermarket squirter so you simply can't use a tiny amount like the actors. I saw (one of a dozen) article which suggests putting your washup liquid in a siphon hand-wash dispenser after that is empty; you'll wash weeks more plates (etc) for your bottle of washup.

As for washing up by hand - with only three in the house I often let the pile mount up in the dishwasher - and then wash by hand.
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

The loaf is good - I`ve made it twice so far after seeing it last week on tv
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.