Do You Still Appear in Public in a Swimsuit ?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Re: Do You Still Appear in Public in a Swimsuit ?

Post by Angela Woodford »

Just remembered - naturist beach at Biarritz -

I was having a lovely time simply sunscreened.

Whilst the family all went off to look at an interesting rock somewhere, I was joined on my sunbathing towel by a heavily oiled and bronzed Mediterranean Man, whose conversation was disappointingly banal. Was I amusing myself on the plage? Oh, the glitter of his incredibly white smile, the perfection of his manicure and the luxuriance of his thick brilliantined hair! A veritable Latin Lover. :shock:

However, I considered that he was unattractively and inappropriately dressed. He was wearing so much heavy and flashy gold jewellery that he clanked every time he shifted to sit a little more closely to me. I noted a huge ornate medallion nestling in the thick fur of his muscled chest. Perhaps piqued by my lack of enthusiastic response, he then moved to pose for me at the water's edge. The sun glinted and flashed on all the gold jewellery. The effect was dazzling. I was forced to put on sunglasses. Then, with a reproachful smoulder, he moved on; hopefully to a properly appreciative victim.

Really, I thought he should have stuck to the undress code. Shocking.
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

In Agia Galini -- Southern Crete -- Nudity was "Illegal".
However, the local Police visited the "Nude Beach" once a fortnight, and warned "Offenders" :oops:
This had two advantages, firstly, all the previous "Offenders" had departed and secondly -------

" A policeman's lot, is not a happy one " :lol:
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Angela Woodford wrote:Just remembered - naturist beach at Biarritz -

I was having a lovely time simply sunscreened.

Whilst the family all went off to look at an interesting rock somewhere, I was joined on my sunbathing towel by a heavily oiled and bronzed Mediterranean Man,
... Shocking.
Sitting on someone else's sunbathing towel is ... shocking. In Germany it would break all the unwritten rules.

But I have no experience of Mediterranean naturist beaches.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

He did! He definitely did!

But never in Germany? That's interesting!

That visit to the incredible thermal Bad Blumau during my recent Austrian trip (sorry to go on about it, HOGOFs) was so gorgeous. What a heavenly place! The soft lights, the silky waters, the scented experiences, the fluffy white towels!

Never could I have imagined that so many people in the buff should have seemed so.... modest.

Although... many gentlemen were sporting such large tummies as to be perpetually, er, well-covered, anyway.
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Had to hit the 'quote' button to read that Angela, and it was well worth it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

DavidRawlins wrote:Most Greek islands have a beach where nudity is tolerated; the book "Greek Island Hopping", Thomas Cook, gives some advice. Otherwise one just has to look!

..... as opposed to 'Greek Island H--ping' ??
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

All very interesting --- but we should remember that there are only two models for inspection.

However ----- they are sometimes arranged in different construction !! :lol: