Sailing in Cornwall

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Sailing in Cornwall

Post by DavebytheSea »

DBTS wishes to celebrate his promotion to Commodore of the CH Cruising and Sailing Club by inviting any Old Blues who would like to sail in Cornwall to get in touch with him. Although El Animado has been sold, Moonshot is a lively little yacht than can accommodate a couple plus the skipper.

Just at the moment, Moonshot is lying idle at her moorings as the boys have fled the nest and Judith is still hard at work drilling mathematical formulae into panicking brains. In view of the skipper's advanced age, he would welcome especially those who are still lithe of limb, nimble of intellect and blessed with a sense of adventure and fun - given these qualities, experience in the crew is not a pre-requisite.

This has been posted elsewhere on the forum for some weeks in a rather deep and dark place. I thought that, for a short time at least, I might give it greater exposure here as June is a lovely month and also a time when the rest of the family are unable to sail. If it appeals, do give it a try.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Re: Sailing in Cornwall

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Wish I could, David. Alas......
Good luck!
Kerren
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

kerrensimmonds wrote:Wish I could, David. Alas......
Good luck!
Kerren
What a love;y message, Kerren. I wish you could, too. :)
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Can you get a mobilty buggy on a sailing ship.....? Ah... I think not! Sorry to have missed you on OBD David (given my access difficulties) but it was great to have a hug with John on Speech Day. It would be lovely to catch up with you sometime.....
Love from Kerren
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Anyone free to sail to the Isles of Scilly from Penzance on Wednesday? Weather looks good and a few days on these Paradisical islands is a real tonic.